Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Congratulations to Nathan Jones.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Would be fun to see them go up. I'm guessing they would be royally ****ed, but still.

Sometimes it just doesnt work out. :shrug: Like Hughton in Nottingham.

Their owner has said that one season in the PL would pay for their new ground in its entirety. The fans know that they wouldn’t be spending hardly anything if they can get promoted, and nearly all have accepted it. Whether that remains the case when they are getting turned over by everyone, week in, week out remains to be seen.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Times had a Luton match report last week unoriginally titled ‘You've been Gone Too Long.’ I guess some Tory old farts who read that rag would understand the reference, but lost on many I imagine.

The song was first released and popular in 1971. I am nearly 69 and was 18 when it was first out, so probably on the young end of old fart. I would contend that anyone aged 80 and aware of popular culture in their younger days could well recognise it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Congratulations to our ex-player and first team coach, and interim manager, Nathan Jones on being voted EFL Championship Manager of the year.
Taken Luton Town into the play offs(probably) on a fraction of the budget of other clubs. He’s a bit of a strange bloke , but is obviously a good young manager.

Why’s he a strange bloke?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't think you need to read the times to be familiar with the oeuvre of The Supremes or Bananarama :lolol:

I don't know if I'm too old or too young but I had no idea that Bananarama had recorded it - I only know The Supremes' version :ohmy:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why’s he a strange bloke?

My future son in law is a season ticket holder at Luton, he knows the Stadium manager very well.
He has told me quite a few stories of Nathan’s motivational methods.
To say he is a bit driven is an understatement. Have you seen the way he chews his nails during games? He tapes them up in a vain effort to stop himself.
He also fell out with the CEO about 18 months ago, and has refused to speak to him since. He argued with a player about tactics during a game when they were losing at halftime, they went on to win, he squared up to the player after the game and shouted the lyrics to My Way by Frank Sinatra in the blokes face.

If not strange, he is very different.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Their owner has said that one season in the PL would pay for their new ground in its entirety. The fans know that they wouldn’t be spending hardly anything if they can get promoted, and nearly all have accepted it. Whether that remains the case when they are getting turned over by everyone, week in, week out remains to be seen.

I have visions of another Blackpool if they were to go up and straight back down!

All the parachute payments in the world don't make things right if you can't get the right personnel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here