Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Congratulations to Albion U16 Tyler Silsby, called up to the England U16 squad

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Albion's Tyler Silsby has received a call-up to the England U-16s squad. They face the Republic of Ireland at St George's Park this afternoon and the Netherlands at the same venue on Sunday.
U16 boys or U16 girls?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Albion's Tyler Silsby has received a call-up to the England U-16s squad. They face the Republic of Ireland at St George's Park this afternoon and the Netherlands at the same venue on Sunday.
So that's Silsby, Simmonds and Howell from the U16s that have been involved recently? Any others I've missed?

Are these lads playing more at U18 level for us now, or still U16? Following the thread the other day questioning the results of Calderon's U18s, but clearly there is talent in the ranks.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So that's Silsby, Simmonds and Howell from the U16s that have been involved recently? Any others I've missed?

Are these lads playing more at U18 level for us now, or still U16? Following the thread the other day questioning the results of Calderon's U18s, but clearly there is talent in the ranks.
That's it for England, but Adam Brett has recently played for the Welsh U-17s and Sebastian Ademola was involved with the Norwegian U-15s in the summer.
Simmonds and Howell are playing for the Albion U-18s but Silsby hasn't been involved yet (although he was part of the travelling party with the U-21s for their recent defeat at Fulham, so I presume he has been/will be offered a scholarship).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As it turns out, I believe Albion had three (count them, THREE) starters for the England U-16s today - captain Freddie Simmonds, Harry Howell and Tyler Silsby.

Let me say that again: Brighton and Hove Albion had THREE players start (including the captain) for an England side.

Madness.

England won 2-0, by the way.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Boys. Just for future reference, I don't follow the womens/girls, so you'll never see me posting about them. I'm sure that there is someone on NSC who could step up to the plate on that score though; a @zeetha, maybe?
Thanks for suggesting me, but its hard enough finding info on the first team let alone the development squads and I just don't have the time or the inclination. I do know that we had one player picked for England U17 (Pergram) who came on as a sub in their game in November.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here