Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations from a Reading fan

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
I know we are currently the laughing stock of the league thanks to our idiotic fans running on the pitch, but I suppose congratulations is due for your persistence.

To be honest, our fight for sixth was like two bald men fighting over a comb, I doubt either of us would have made great strides in the play-offs.

Also, I have noticed on this board in recent months some of your fans have called for Garcia to be sacked, I hope those in question are eating humble pie this evening. I like him and his style, your defensive organisation is very good and you will be more likely to survive in the Prem with his philosophy. We have had the same problem with Adkins, with a stupid minority calling for his head, despite not being able to bring any players into the club in January due to finances and been savaged by injuries all season, like yourselves.

I know the majority of you don't like us, Adkins and our tinpotness, but while I don't think you will go the whole way, best of luck.

Thanks for the good comments. Personally I like reading and see us as similarly sized clubs. Made a tidy profit betting on you when coppel went there

Feb 14, 2010
Thanks for the good comments. Personally I like reading and see us as similarly sized clubs. Made a tidy profit betting on you when coppel went there

Crickey mate, I cant see how you can like or dislike Reading? They are just Reading. As for similar sized clubs, well did you ever go to Elm Park..? We outnumbered them in their own ground in those days! I suppose we have both won almost fook all but similar sized clubs? No chance!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Total respect for coming on here to even look let alone post.

I dislike reading for one reason, I live here and have to put up with all the fans, but the idiots are remembered more than decent fans like yourself who I have a lot of time for. Also, the first time I came to the town was to watch us lose 5-1!

We will be playing eachother next season most likely so come August September this day won't matter!

Themaninblue

Banned
Mar 20, 2013
Total respect for coming on here to even look let alone post.

I dislike reading for one reason, I live here and have to put up with all the fans, but the idiots are remembered more than decent fans like yourself who I have a lot of time for. Also, the first time I came to the town was to watch us lose 5-1!

We will be playing eachother next season most likely so come August September this day won't matter!

As much as this day may not matter, go and relish the experience. I'm not sure if you guys have been to the new Wembley yet, but if you get there, it could be one of the best days of your life - you never know!

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Crickey mate, I cant see how you can like or dislike Reading? They are just Reading. As for similar sized clubs, well did you ever go to Elm Park..? We outnumbered them in their own ground in those days! I suppose we have both won almost fook all but similar sized clubs? No chance!

You're right I did go to elm park in the 80s when I had the misfortune to live there for five years. That's prob why I have a soft spot. Prob should have said. I remember going to the madjeski for the first time and being really jealous. Remember us winning 2-1 in the relegation season? I didn't watch the second half, had my head in my hands. Not jealous now though.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
As much as this day may not matter, go and relish the experience. I'm not sure if you guys have been to the new Wembley yet, but if you get there, it could be one of the best days of your life - you never know!

Not been there yet, hopefully this year we will get there. Last time we won the playoffs was at Cardiff

Today will live long in the memory and give me a big smug smile at work on Monday (I work at Green Park and park at the Mad Stad so will be over the moon)

Feb 14, 2010

Mate, its only football.. i bloody hope it wont be the best day of my life! And anyway, it will never even get close to Hereford away. Trust me. Lost the ground, playing next season in er Gillingham, needed a point to stay in the football league, 1-0 down at half time, then the ball comes off the woodwork and.... now that was drama

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Appreciate your gracious sentiments fella. Please don't think the uncharitable few on here represent the view of the majority where Reading FC are concerned. We don't all think we're the south coast's answer to Real Madrid either!

:thumbsup:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Credit for coming on here when you must be feeling pretty crap.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I know we are currently the laughing stock of the league thanks to our idiotic fans running on the pitch, but I suppose congratulations is due for your persistence.

To be honest, our fight for sixth was like two bald men fighting over a comb, I doubt either of us would have made great strides in the play-offs.

Also, I have noticed on this board in recent months some of your fans have called for Garcia to be sacked, I hope those in question are eating humble pie this evening. I like him and his style, your defensive organisation is very good and you will be more likely to survive in the Prem with his philosophy. We have had the same problem with Adkins, with a stupid minority calling for his head, despite not being able to bring any players into the club in January due to finances and been savaged by injuries all season, like yourselves.

I know the majority of you don't like us, Adkins and our tinpotness, but while I don't think you will go the whole way, best of luck.

Very gracious, thank you.

Please go back to the old Div 3 now please?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

Cheers fella, can I suggest you all make an Adkins out banner.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Appreciate your gracious sentiments fella. Please don't think the uncharitable few on here represent the view of the majority where Reading FC are concerned. We don't all think we're the south coast's answer to Real Madrid either!

:thumbsup:

This ...... Exactly. What is this thing some have about being BIG for Chrissake ? I don't care if BHA is smaller than Piddinghoe, it's the club I support, and I like it to do well. Yes it's great we have a really good Chairman, Stadium etc. But it's not so good that we have fans that need to go mouthing off about it.
Great for 'Themaninblue' to come in here with congrats, that's what being a footy supporter should be. :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I have no dislike for Reading at all but plenty for Adkins. I have a twitter account & Albion blog and through this have chatted to a couple of decent Reading fans with who I've managed to maintain a civilised level of banter. Don't get me wrong, today was fantastic and all the better to get one over on Adkins but I don't get some of our fans antipathy towards Reading when there's Pompey & Palace to hate.

I am laughing at Adkins tonight. I am not laughing at Reading despite being, well, quite drunk.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This ...... Exactly. What is this thing some have about being BIG for Chrissake ? I don't care if BHA is smaller than Piddinghoe, it's the club I support, and I like it to do well. Yes it's great we have a really good Chairman, Stadium etc. But it's not so good that we have fans that need to go mouthing off about it.
Great for 'Themaninblue' to come in here with congrats, that's what being a footy supporter should be. :)

100% this.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Respect to the OP for posting this.

The country is changing. The traditionial "big clubs" in the north are dwindling because their support was based on big working class communities in the factories. That's gone now, the likes of Sheff wed and Blackburn won't get back to what they were. Southampton, Reading and Us have benefited from the government making football a middle class persuit and massive ecenomic growth in the south east.

That said, I still don't like their plastic knobhead fans or their smug faced sh*tcu*t manager :thumbsup;

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Sorry mate. If it wasn't for me thinking your manager is a total Bellend I wouldn't think about Reading at all.

Christ knows you've had enough chances to put us to bed this season. Oh well.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Reading have had their share of good players,Robin Friday,Pat Terry...it's just Adkins made him self very unpopular here with his refusal to give Brighton the 'Guard of Honour' when we won the Div 1 and his stupid remark 'If we could keep up with them'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here