Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations Coventry City - at least we lost to the winners

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't get why people should have ridiculed the Checkatrade Trophy, surely it's just the arrogant fans that think we are above this now.

It's a good spectacle for all involved, keeps the young players sharp and gives the lower division teams potentially a chance of Wembley and silverware.

Some fans are still living in caves.

It's nothing to do with arrogance, or thinking we are above this now. As for giving young players an opportunity, what about the hypocrisy of fining Luton for playing their youngsters? £15K for playing youngsters, yep that helps.

You & I have disagreed about this all season, so I doubt that we'll agree now.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The JPT Trophy has always had low attendance figures especially in the early rounds.

I don't disagree but I'm sure it will lower to watch Blackburns development squad than it would be to watch 2 X league 1 or 2 teams (Notwithstanding Accrington V Crewe will always attract one man and his dog)

Lose the Under 23 squads for me. I'm sure that teams like Oxford or any other with a team of old pros will find it patronising that a bunch of kids come to play them because it will give them a bit of experience on their roads to premier league glory. At least the National league would treat it seriously or at least more seriously.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I don't get why people should have ridiculed the Checkatrade Trophy, surely it's just the arrogant fans that think we are above this now.

It's a good spectacle for all involved, keeps the young players sharp and gives the lower division teams potentially a chance of Wembley and silverware.

Some fans are still living in caves.

https://www.againstleague3.co.uk/7-frequently-asked-questions-ahead-tonights-bteamboycott/

That explains the general antipathy towards the idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here