Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations Chelsea

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't know when the last time was a team played such awful football and won the title

Boring boring Chelsea

Last time Jose won it?

Saying that, I don't get the hate for playing boring football, it's about winning and no one remembers how you won it.

They have been the best team in the league all season and if they get another forward they will own it again next year, I do think he will be sacked off when Roman gets bored again.

The Chelsea fans at the ground today where terrible, you are about to win the league and no one is making a peep

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
In the past three years there has been three league winners, not really that dull?

The Premier League like all top European leagues has become horribly dull and predictable. The top six have pretty much got a monopoly with the occasional club threatening e.g Southampton & Everton and the bottom ten clubs happy to just survive.

The Championship is a far more competitive and exciting league.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've always wondered how much satisfaction someone who supports (say) Chelsea or Man United get out of winning the league. I mean, when it's a fairly regular occurrence, does that dilute the thrill of the moment?

I can't imagine supporting a team who won stuff every season. It would just be weird. That's the benefit of supporting a bunch of losers, you know. You learn to appreciate the successful seasons way, way more.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Last season was actually exciting, mainly due to Liverpool playing very exciting football. Guess which boring **** of a club stopped them winning it? That just justified their boring, attritional style even more and set the the tone for this season.
Chelsea = Millwall with money.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what a lot of bitter old bollocks here tonight. half a season of functional football to see the job done following half a season of some quality football. every single one of you would take that for a promotion or title.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
what a lot of bitter old bollocks here tonight. half a season of functional football to see the job done following half a season of some quality football. every single one of you would take that for a promotion or title.

Almost any other club I'd agree. They have virtually unlimited funds at their disposal yet serve up that rubbish week after week.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So glad I support the Albion no matter how sh1t we are..

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I think fans want
a) success (whatever that means)
and
b) attractive football
from their own side (although if they could only have one of those things it would probably be success)

You'd never admire another side's dull success though really

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Won the title in 1955, never won it again for 50 years until a Russian multi billionaire took over. Hey presto, surprise surprise, they start winning and gain thousands of armchair supporters, backed up by the fact that twice in the last few seasons they have played Barca in the Nou Camp, in the Champions league quarters/semis and only been allocated 4500 tickets........they sent 2000 back :lolol:
well said ....................from a supporter of a club that hey presto, surprise surprise gained thousands and thousands of new 'fans' when a rich benefactor took over the club and you moved into a shiny new stadium, you couldn't even fill withdean before that , a case of the pot calling the kettle black , Brighton are no different, just on a smaller scale and not as successful,I'm a season ticket holder at both Chelsea and Brighton, and whilst the atmosphere at Chelsea is a million miles away from what it used to be its still twice as good as I've EVER known it at the Amex , and that includes the pitiful atmosphere at the palace games including the play off, as for the Barcelona tickets, the club only put the tickets on sale a week before the game, and only laid on 2 official flights , added to that we've played them 4 times relatively recently and it's understandable, if Brighton had ever played at the nou camp you'd also know that in the away section it's like watching ants you're that far away from the action.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Last season was actually exciting, mainly due to Liverpool playing very exciting football. Guess which boring **** of a club stopped them winning it? That just justified their boring, attritional style even more and set the the tone for this season.
Chelsea = Millwall with money.

Suarez played exciting football, not Liverpool as has been shown this year.

So what? If Liverpool couldn't break down Chelsea they didn't deserve to win the league.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I also think we should congratulate Celtic on the magnificent achievement of winning the Scottish League. No one saw that coming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here