Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wow! Seagullinho! Take a bow. You played a MASSIVE part in the greatest transfer of our little club. I imagine that he already had a flight booked that he planned to take and there was a delay in getting the contract drawn up.
If NSC handed out medals...

Just imagine if it wasn't for Seagullinho, Vicente could have boarded his flight home without signing the contract, got back to Valencia and then CHANGED HIS MIND!

Last edited:

seagullinho

Jun 7, 2011
Thanks for all the comments on my post here. I wanted to do it as a new thread but I'm such a novice to this posting on boards stuff that I couldn't work it out? what a dumbo eh? If anyone can start a thread on this please do, that would be awesome! think its such a long thread that most have stopped reading to be honest.I think people on here would like to know my story. Anyway I'm off to work to see who else I can sign!!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Thanks for all the comments on my post here. I wanted to do it as a new thread but I'm such a novice to this posting on boards stuff that I couldn't work it out? what a dumbo eh? If anyone can start a thread on this please do, that would be awesome! think its such a long thread that most have stopped reading to be honest.I think people on here would like to know my story. Anyway I'm off to work to see who else I can sign!!

You dont need to worry about that mate, everybody has been watching this thread! What i dont understand is why he was at the club for 2 and a half days yet signs the contract at the airport? Why wasnt he offered the contract at the club? Weird

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
You dont need to worry about that mate, everybody has been watching this thread! What i dont understand is why he was at the club for 2 and a half days yet signs the contract at the airport? Why wasnt he offered the contract at the club? Weird

Exactly, while other people are reporting him signing at the stadium and naylor implying the signing is done, did nay or chase vincente up to gatwick to witness all this.....all very bizarre to me

Lush

Mods' Pet
Hey guys! I'm a Velencia fan and Vicente has been my favourite player for 10 years now. He injured in 2005 I believe and, although he's made splendid matches, he's never been the same as the awesome winger that won two spanish leagues, a UEFA Cup and a European Supercup being always the most important players.

I'm sure he will perform very good though, i never lost hope and, although I would have prefered it to be in Valencia, maybe Brighton is a more suitable team to make his come back.

Seriously, you signed a high quality player and you'll definitely be very happy with this guy, hoping that injuries respect him.

And Brighton has earned a new fan ;-) See you around here!

Welcome! Wouldn't it be great to build some NSC supporter links with Valencia you think? Meet up if they want to come over and see him play? We may all have to start learning Spanish! *excited*

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
Welcome! Wouldn't it be great to build some NSC supporter links with Valencia you think? Meet up if they want to come over and see him play? We may all have to start learning Spanish! *excited*

Hi. I have one petition to the Brighton supporters in NSC for me and the rest of Valencia supporters who will have curiosity to check how Vicen is doing in the Championship: as tv in Spain don't show Championship games usually, only Premier, I want to ask if people here can record the games when he starts playing and upload a 10 minutes video with all the highlights in Youtube or any other site. If someone can create an account there and upload his videos, I'm sure many valencianistas around the world will be very happy.

Spanish lessons for free as payment, haha.

Yoda

English & European
Hi. I have one petition to the Brighton supporters in NSC for me and the rest of Valencia supporters who will have curiosity to check how Vicen is doing in the Championship: as tv in Spain don't show Championship games usually, only Premier, I want to ask if people here can record the games when he starts playing and upload a 10 minutes video with all the highlights in Youtube or any other site. If someone can create an account there and upload his videos, I'm sure many valencianistas around the world will be very happy.

Spanish lessons for free as payment, haha.

You'll be pleased to know our next 2 home games are live on Sky Sports. :thumbsup:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Thanks for the info. Davemania told me already that Sky Sports was airing the next match, but unfortunately I don't get Sky here. I'll try to watch the matches online.

If you come on here on the day of the match, I'll post some websites airing the match :thumbsup:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for history's sake can this thread be renamed back to it's original La Marca title at some point?

Valencianista

Sep 1, 2011
¡Hola a todos! This is my first post, obviously here because of Vicente :D

I'm not sure if some of you realise how big a signing this is for your club!? This player was and still is an icon of my club, a local boy from the city that came on to be a legend. Not only is he a legend for sentimental reasons but for his footballing ability too. We all know about his injury history, i'll go on to that, but from 2001-2005 this guy was probably the best winger in the world (On par with today's Robben), no exageration. He tore teams to shreads on his own.

This guy had the potential to be one of the best ever. The reason he did not realise that potential is not because he flopped, but because of injuries. I still remember the night it all happened, one regretful night in Bremen in a CL match. This guy would've led Valencia on to greater things and himself would have been in the 08 and 10 winning Spain squads. He has had wretched luck, injury record on par with Owen Hargreaves. It has just been bad luck, for a player to have earned 38 caps for Spain at the age of 24 you know he had talent. He could've been a 100 cap player.

That being said the guy never lost his talent. Whenever he was not injured and did actually play he was one of the best players at Valencia and always gave 100%. This is a guy who was not out of place when playing alongside David Villa, David Silva, Juan Mata and Pablo Aimar. In fact he was the reference for Silva and Mata as left sided players themselves.

You'll get alot of VCF fans paying attention to your club now :) He was and is my favourite player ever, i'm only 19 though, but a Valencia fan by birth. No offence to your club but he probably has more fans than Brighton! He's a player that gave us so much joy and pride. I'm sure he'll be the best player in the league if he plays. I'm not sure how he'll deal with the ankle snapping tackles of your league, he is a hot headed player himself. May I add he was our Captain at times too, so he can lead, hopefully he leads you to EPL. I hope your club enjoys this special player as we did. Feel free to ask me any questions about Vicenete. ANIMO EL CRACK DE BENICALAP! AMUNT VICENTE Y AMUNT BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Muchos gracias chico. ¡Buenísimo! Perhaps you could start a Brighton and Hove Albion fan club in your fair city.

I've been meaning to go back to Valencia and would love to take in a game.

Do stick around. You'll find lots more puñol related information when he returns and starts playing.

I've followed Brighton for 20 years and he is far and away the most exciting transfer for me personally.

Bueno suerte, amigo.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Is there a Valencia forum to see what the masses think about Vicente and his departure? Nothing google translate couldn't sort out im sure

Valencianista

Sep 1, 2011
Haha, I'm not actually from Valencia, my Dad is a Valencian though, I live in the midlands. But yeah Valencia CF is in the blood. :D And yes you should go back before the Mestalla gets knocked down, that's if we get out of this crisis we're in to actually move to the new stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports