Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Because if it is with an option of another year, then it is our option and not his.

If he plays amazing we can extend the deal by a year(probably on higher wages) If he doesnt do well then he will go in june.

But surely, if he plays well, and attacts more attention, he might tell us he doesn't want to sign for another year, 'cos he'll go to 'big' club.

Still, ain't gonna worry about that now; just going to savour this.

Have supported the Albion since the early 1970s (albeit mostly from a distance, having left Brighton in 1982), and have rarely felt so excited about them as I have this year. Only remotely comparable excitement was promotion to the old First Division, and the 1983 FA Cup Final. Most of the last 12 years, though, have been endless struggle for survival and repeated set-backs. Until now.

Tony B and Gus P. - THANK YOU.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
This is a genuinely exciting, high profile signing with immense potential for a Champ. club like us - what Brighton fan wouldn't be over the moon.

However I feel a prudent word of caution is relevant right now.

Let's please not get all boasty and biggy pants just yet, yes a brilliant player has chosen our potential over the wages offered by more funded clubs. But... just in case Vicente gets injured early on and is side lined for weeks, or even if our (already amazing) form doesn't improve further we'll no doubt be ridiculed by various opponents/rivals.

I say, let's be as cool as possible about this brilliant news and wear it with style - definitely not with arrogance or up-ones-man-ship.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wow! This is amazing... what a coup for the Albion... up there with Bobby Smith and Brian Clough... really like this bit on the official site:

"He will return to Brighton on Monday and link up with his new teammates :))) for training next week :))), ahead of the match at Bristol City on Saturday." :D:D:cool::cool::cheers::cheers::smokin::smokin::drink::drink::rock::rock::ascarf::ascarf::thumbsup::thumbsup::ohmy::ohmy::smile::smile::angel::angel::bowdown::bowdown::rave::rave::clap2::clap2::drool::drool::love::love::mad::mad::clap::clap::O:O:banana::banana::):):albion::albion::whisky::whisky::vuvu::vuvu:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Its the stuff of Champions. Its the stuff of dreams.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because if it is with an option of another year, then it is our option and not his.
Ok thanks, I hope you're right. I assume that each contract is different, players have get out clauses etc, but I have no idea.

Oct 25, 2003
Not really. not when the only time the opposition are going to have the ball is when they kick off(again). Even then they'll probably just give it straight back to us out of respect.

i reckon we could get away with having casper as "rush keeper", then having greer for his GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR's and calderon for flair, so:

----------------ankergren greer--------------

calderon-------------------------------------

----------------bridcutt---------------------

----------------harley----------------------

buckley----vicente----noone----------lualua

--------cms--------------hoskins----------

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Now he has signed for us. It does make me wonder why. It just seems like there should be better options available. Ot is it simply the Gus factor ?

The Gus factor.
Great place to live.
New stadium.
Top of the table.
Loyal fanbase.
Big fish in a small pond scenario.

The momentum grows each day.

We're going up.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Now he has signed for us. It does make me wonder why. It just seems like there should be better options available. Ot is it simply the Gus factor ?

We sign a real flair player who could have gone to so-called "bigger" clubs and certainly richer clubs, and you're asking why, ffs!!!!!

This is fantastic news, what a huge coup for Gus & Tony. And us, of course.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
i reckon we could get away with having casper as "rush keeper", then having greer for his GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR's and calderon for flair, so:

----------------ankergren greer--------------

calderon-------------------------------------

----------------bridcutt---------------------

----------------harley----------------------

buckley----vicente----noone----------lualua

--------cms--------------hoskins----------

LOL. i love that even in the most craziest of teams, we still have bridcutt holding midfield. We could play 9 up front but its ok cos bridders is there. That boys a monster

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
wow! This is amazing... What a coup for the albion... Up there with bobby smith and brian clough... Really like this bit on the official site:

"he will return to brighton on monday and link up with his new teammates :))) for training next week :))), ahead of the match at bristol city on saturday." :d:d:cool::cool::cheers::cheers::smokin::smokin::drink::drink::rock::rock::ascarf::ascarf::thumbsup::thumbsup::ohmy::ohmy::smile::smile::angel::angel::bowdown::bowdown::rave::rave::clap2::clap2::drool::drool::love::love::mad::mad::clap::clap::eek::eek::banana::banana::):):albion::albion::whisky::whisky::vuvu::vuvu:
if you want smilies go advanced:lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sake,

I've been following this bloody saga for 2 and a half days, i go out for a meeting and this happens.
So it's your fault! You should've gone to your meeting earlier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here