Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Confident But Not Complacent

el punal

After getting the win against Palace - thank goodness - I feel much more relaxed about our game with Grimsby. In fact I’m really looking forward to it. I don’t know why but for the first time in years I’ve got the Cup bug. It didn’t really affect me in the 2019 run when we lost to Man City in the semifinal, probably because I was more concerned about our appalling league form.

This time it seems different there’s a real buzz in the air in everything that the Albion are doing at the moment. So on Sunday me, my daughter, son-in-law, grandson and loads of friends are Amex bound complete with face paints, inflatable seagulls and something else I’m not telling you about!

Am I confident? Yes. Complacent? Definitely not! Grimsby turned over Southampton, admittedly they got the rub of the green, so I’m not discounting a similar, if rare, repeat of that. Bring it on! :albion2:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm looking forward to it. Should be a great occasion for all those attending. If we should lose, oh well, will wish Grimsby all the best.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I’m excited about Sunday and, if we win, dream about lifting the cup. But not a foregone conclusion. If Grimsby beat us then I’d love them to go all the way.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Yes, that we should win this game (objectively speaking) does not mean that we will.

I'm looking forward to this one a lot. It should be a cracker.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Well, I’m heading down to Brighton in about hours time with my wife and two kids in tow. They won’t be at the game with me, but looking forward to spending tomorrow in and around the seafront doing family stuff before the main event begins on Sunday.

I think it’s the most excited I’ve been about a game as a grown adult, possibly ever. A grand occasion for Grimsby without the jeopardy that big games have been for us in recent years, typically play-off games. I can’t wait, I’m almost giddy with anticipation.

You should turn us over comfortably, but I’d be lying if it didn’t have this weird feeling inside, and I can assure you that’s not something I feel often as a Grimsby fan. We’ll need every force in the universe on our side for that to happen, which it probably won’t, but if it does, don’t say I didn’t tell you so…

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I definitely have cup fever this year and am really looking froward to Sunday. It will be a cracking atmosphere, the Grimsby fans will certainly make their presence felt and we'll have to be in full voice to compete with them.

Confident but not complacent sums up my outlook perfectly. This is a real opportunity for us to finally win some major silverware and I am loving it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Same, can you imagine IF we did get to the final the whole football loving world would get to see us. It could be the launchpad for massive foreign support and merchandising. How could any neutral not fall in love with the football we play?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep, Albion in cracking form, heading for a home match against opposition that we really should beat ......................... yes, I seem to remember those circumstances have happened at the Albion before.

...... so what could possibly go wrong? :facepalm:

el punal

Yep, Albion in cracking form, heading for a home match against opposition that we really should beat ......................... yes, I seem to remember those circumstances have happened at the Albion before.

...... so what could possibly go wrong? :facepalm:
Just put that banana skin in the bin would you. :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well, I’m heading down to Brighton in about hours time with my wife and two kids in tow. They won’t be at the game with me, but looking forward to spending tomorrow in and around the seafront doing family stuff before the main event begins on Sunday.

I think it’s the most excited I’ve been about a game as a grown adult, possibly ever. A grand occasion for Grimsby without the jeopardy that big games have been for us in recent years, typically play-off games. I can’t wait, I’m almost giddy with anticipation.

You should turn us over comfortably, but I’d be lying if it didn’t have this weird feeling inside, and I can assure you that’s not something I feel often as a Grimsby fan. We’ll need every force in the universe on our side for that to happen, which it probably won’t, but if it does, don’t say I didn’t tell you so…
Ok….if you’re confident ..24/1 go for it 👍

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Ok….if you’re confident ..24/1 go for it 👍
“Confident” isn’t a word I’d use to describe how I’m feeling. How could I be? You are levels and levels and levels above us in terms of quality.

It’s just a weird, nagging feeling that something quite bizarre is about to ensure. Bizarre and in Grimsby’s favour. I mean, that’s the only way isn’t it, really?

It’ll either be that or 7-0.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
“Confident” isn’t a word I’d use to describe how I’m feeling? How could I be? You are levels and levels and levels above us in terms of quality.

It’s just a weird, nagging feeling that something quite bizarre is about to ensure. Bizarre and in Grimsby’s favour. I mean, that’s the only way isn’t it, really?

The magic of the Cup

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

It could be a one sided riot, or it could be something quite opposite.

I'm constantly counselling folk not to take this for granted. Stuff happens. And the one thing I don't want us to be seen as is arrogant. That's for the 'big 6' plastics.

So, yes, we should win. But never forget the rock from which you were hewn. Grimsby Town's divisional history is not much different to ours.

I have far more respect for Grimsby Town whose fans love what they know and know what they love, than a team followed by plastic glory hunters who are that and nothing else.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I went to Grimsby once, in March 1992. It was a Tuesday evening and the coach broke down on the way home after a 1-0 victory. I had the best fish and chips ever that night. My main memory. But that's as it should be in that great old town.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

If it helps I think you've got every non-Brighton football fan willing you on to win! To be fair, if it was Grimsby playing anyone else, I'd be exactly the same.

Hope you enjoy the weekend, but not the match :lol:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Grimsby are no mugs, they've beaten opposition well above their level throughout this cup run. They have nothing to lose and they'll enjoy their day at the seaside regardless of the result. Let's help them enjoy the clash of the blow up mascots, but please Brighton, be professional about it. Put the game to bed early in the match so we can just relax!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
After getting the win against Palace - thank goodness - I feel much more relaxed about our game with Grimsby. In fact I’m really looking forward to it. I don’t know why but for the first time in years I’ve got the Cup bug. It didn’t really affect me in the 2019 run when we lost to Man City in the semifinal, probably because I was more concerned about our appalling league form.

This time it seems different there’s a real buzz in the air in everything that the Albion are doing at the moment. So on Sunday me, my daughter, son-in-law, grandson and loads of friends are Amex bound complete with face paints, inflatable seagulls and something else I’m not telling you about!

Am I confident? Yes. Complacent? Definitely not! Grimsby turned over Southampton, admittedly they got the rub of the green, so I’m not discounting a similar, if rare, repeat of that. Bring it on! :albion2:
Tena Men?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A big bag of Bolivian Marching Powder?

Really loud bangers?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
“Confident” isn’t a word I’d use to describe how I’m feeling. How could I be? You are levels and levels and levels above us in terms of quality.

My gut tells me possibly level at 90 mins ..levels of ability but it’s what happens on the day isn’t it and anything is possible..otherwise why go

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Outside of our little corner of Sussex the entire footballing world wants you to win - and that's just how it should be. And yes, we should win, and win comfortably, but .....

Anyway if the world does indeed turn upside down I will be extremely disappointed that we've screwed up a really good chance to at least emulate 1983, but I'll be pleased for you as you seem a good sort. And it will make a good story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here