Conference

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stumpy Tim

I just clicked on one of the adverts - to earn NSC some cash - and noticed that Hereford are top of the Conference. I would love to see them come back up. One thing I hated about the famous game was sending another team out of the league.

What do people think of Hereford?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I saw Hereford play at Barnet earlier this season and thought their fans were a pretty unpleasant bunch, there are other teams in the Conference that I would rather see make it into the league, like Chester.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yeah, Chester would be good. Was really chuffed for Donny Rovers getting back in last year. They're doing okay too, 5th in Div 3.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
most teams in that div are as good if not better than 90% of div 3 sides.
forest green showed that on monday and they are only 15th in the league.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
yes but can you see them play teams like carlise orient etc they would get a result.

brentford were lucky on tues when they beat ten man barnet on pens.

Cheltfan

Oct 17, 2003
FGR are an incredible club.
They are based in a tiny village, and get crowds of about 6-700. How they survive in the Conference is a mystery to many but they manage to compete with clubs with reources 3 or 4 times bigger.
20 years ago they were in the County League. Probably the equivalent of someone like Southwick or Ringmer getting into the Conference.
They, like yourselves, are very keen for a new stadium as presently they could not get into the League.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Raphael Meade said:
i'd quite like to see aldershot make it back into the league.

would give us another 'local' league team too...

Yeah, to see Aldershot make it back would be great!:clap2:

I wonder how things would pan out if Crawley or Eastbourne Borough got into the Third Division.

Not out of the question with the Conference shake-up that's due next season.

Would some people switch their support from the Albion to their new local league teams?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
i would like aldershot, i wouldn't mind dagenham and redbriger either but i glad that donny one the playoffs last year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports