Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conference Play Off final

Gully said:
The game will probably be a sell-out, the FA Vase Final is tomorrow, 80k for Kidderminster v Stevenage.

FA Trophy is tomorrow (Kiddy v Stevenage)
and funny that the FA website crashed selling tickets, but I believe you can pay on the day

but what price 30,000 turning up on Sunday to watch the might of AFC Totton take on Truro City

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Pardon me, thought it was the Vase...trophy, schmophy...it will still be a sell out!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Storer68 said:

but what price 30,000 turning up on Sunday to watch the might of AFC Totton take on Truro City

We're off to that. Paddy plays cricket with one of the Totton lads.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Storer68 said:
FA Trophy is tomorrow (Kiddy v Stevenage)
and funny that the FA website crashed selling tickets, but I believe you can pay on the day

Truro were quite good when we watched them beat Whitehawk.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Starry said:
We're off to that. Paddy plays cricket with one of the Totton lads.

We were going to watch that, and go on one of the coaches from there as well with the kids from our boys football team, but had too many things to do this weekend (including Mr B digging our front garden up after 4 days on the lash in Prague hahaha!! I know how to get my ownback!!)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Race said:
(including Mr B digging our front garden up after 4 days on the lash in Prague hahaha!! I know how to get my ownback!!)

:lolol: :lolol:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Yorkie said:

He wont be laughing! I will convince him it will be good for him, we'll call it a detox, who needs spa's eh?!!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I was tempted to go to cheer on the mighty Grecians, but £28 for the ticket plus transport plus beer money plus food money is a bit steep on a student budget when it's not a team I'm really all that bothered about.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Tickets ordered today – block 541 so in the top tier behind the goal.

Come on City!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Race said:
We were going to watch that, and go on one of the coaches from there as well with the kids from our boys football team, but had too many things to do this weekend (including Mr B digging our front garden up after 4 days on the lash in Prague hahaha!! I know how to get my ownback!!)

How did the digging in the rain go? Heh!

The Totton game was pretty good entertainment, been a long time since I've seen so many grown men dressed in pink, mind. Shame about the result.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yorkie said:
Truro were quite good when we watched them beat Whitehawk.

And won the Vase.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Wembley effect is already showing- they had a record crowd of 54,000 for the FA Trophy final between Kiddy and Stevenage, while they were expecting over 30,000 for the Truro-Totton match (Totton get between 100 and 300 for their home games but sold 15,000 tickets, probably to Southampton fans thinking it'll be the only time they see Wembley this season).

Seems slightly unfair therefore, that the women's FA Cup final last week was held at Nottingham Forest. They got a crowd of 24,000 or so, but surely at Wembley, with two London teams involved, could have done much better.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The thing with the Womens FA Cup final last week was that Charlton (mens) had a game, they reckoned that affected the crowd, pity really as it was a good game to watch (on the box).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I didn't think it was a great match to be honest, but it pissed me off slightly that the FA evidently think Truro, from some godforsaken Cornish League (I know they're going up in the world, but still), and a club from the tumbleweed infested outskirts of Southampton are more worthy of a Wembley final than what is supposedly the showpiece match of the women's game.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Given that Arsenal had thumped Charlton 9-2 in a recent league encounter, after Charlton had taken a 2-0 lead, I reckon most people thought that it would be a really one sided encounter. I thought that Charlton did pretty well and were pushing hard for an equaliser at 2-1 down before Arsenal got their third goal and the game was beyond them. Hopefully the Womens World Cup will get plenty of air time later in the year, but I take your point, their Cup Final is more fitting for Wembley than a bunch of pasty chuckers versus some inbreds from 'ampshire.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Having spent 8 years living in Truro, it was great getting a chance to go to Wembley for only 15 beans.

The ground is amazing and the potential for a lot of noise to be made when the place is full is huge.

I was surprised how enthusiastic I got when Truro scored and eventually won. Normally when I watch as a neutral, celebrating extends to not much more than politely clapping, but I got quite into it.

As Edna says, most of the Totton contingient were Southampton fans, judging by the amount of clothing with 'Friends Provident' embossed on it. I resisted the temptation to mention Derby - I've got to live here...:lolol:

All in all, a great day out :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here