Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In America cheese is a condiment; fact.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Henderson's relish - thread closed (unless of course anyone has anything else to add:))

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I must express strong feelings on breakfast condiments- ketchup and brown sauce are minging at breakfast time. Mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper are the only acceptables at this time of day..

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The seemingly death of white pepper is a huge concern for me.
People put black pepper from the mill on everything these days.
Black pepper has its place of course on many meals (I love pepper sauce with steak) but on bacon sandwiches and fry ups to name just 2 I think it's far better than black but I rarely see people use it these days.

I have just called my local vet and he said that when they next put down an Aardvark I can have its spleen.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I like ketchup on my roast de-spleened aardvark.

Other than that it depends what I'm having,(Or who,8ace's mum)

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
NSC has its uses from time to time. A dash of Marmite in some slow, butter-cooked scrambled eggs on buttered toast (with a cup of Yorkshire tea) sounds interesting. As does the Marmite/ mushroom/ stilton sauce combo.

Sat in a Premier Inn with just a couple of Stellas and some Tyrrells for company it sounds even better. Cheers.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I'm a marmite hater but it does have one fantastic use. A little squirted in to a pan of mushrooms with some well cut up Stilton as an accompaniment to a steak. Umami-tastic.

I can see I'm heading down the powdered aadrvak route here but I make apple sauce from scratch to go with roast pork as I think it tastes bloody lovely together. It needs to be quite tart to cut the fatty pork. Also make big batches of salsa verde to have with lamb.

Other than that I must have French mustard with steak, English mustard with roast beef and brown sauce on sausage or bacon sarnies. None of this ketchup rubbish thanks. Mayo with chicken burgers.
FRENCH MOUTARDE? That's just for girls and salad dressings isn't it?

Another vote for marmite with scrambled egg, even better with a splash of Tabasco or chipotle sauce. obviously would normally be grated aardvark spleen, but you can only get the farmed stuff this time of year.....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Henderson's relish - thread closed (unless of course anyone has anything else to add:))

Que? Was is das? I see that Peter Stringfellow is a fan, so it must be, errr, [insert appropriate adjective].

The list of stockists includes most major supermarkets, but on further investigation, it transpires that it's only branches in South Yorkshire (for some) or solely Sheffield (for others) that actually sell it.

It's possible to buy it online, direct from the manufacturer, but only if you print out an order form and send it with a cheque in snail mail. How very quaint. I honestly have no idea whether I even possess a chequebook anymore.

Where on earth do you get yours from? I want to try it, but they seem intent on making it as hard as they can for anyone to buy their product - reminds me of John Harvey-Johns attempting to bring Morgan into the 19th Century.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I want to try it, but they seem intent on making it as hard as they can for anyone to buy their product - reminds me of John Harvey-Johns attempting to bring Morgan into the 19th Century.

It's a bit off topic but I used to love his show - was always amazed at how stubbornly the companies wanted to continue in the same way despite clearly heading towards the 'Going Bust' door.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
What about hot chilli sauce and monkey spunk (garlic mayo as some call it) on your kebab?! image.jpg

I once found myself in Middle Farm shop (it's our local greengrocer and I was buying a cauliflower) and I witnessed a conversation between a posh lady customer and the woman on the till: "Is this sea salt organic?" "Eh?"

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Black pepper grinder, sea salt grinder, olive oil, Vinegre de Jerez and balsamic vinegar

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here