Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concern

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We'd love a striker like Benteke for sure, but as for the other three, you're just showing your ignorance.

Dunk > Sakho, Gross > Cabaye, Knockaert = Zaha

Are you Paul Merson?
Like being the operative word.
I'm not entirely sure actually having Benteke would be that greater improvement on the current dearth of Albion centre forwards.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
This is all bollocks mate. You haven't a clue. You've proven that. It's just guesswork and you're not very lucky at guessing the correct answer. Why even bother trying to give us the benefit of your "expert" opinion?

Course it's not bollox. You know it's the truth, it just ruins your fun. 3 at the back didn't work, FACT. As soon as we returned to 4 we looked much better. Dyche even said after that the better team lost.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If the new manager comes in and plays 4-3-3 we will be fine. Stoke took 3 points from their first 7 games last season and finished mid-table.

It's nothing to with the players being disinterested or demotivated, it was the 3-4-3 tactics that meant we lost our first 3. Yesterday when we changed to a 4 at the back we had 27 attempts to Burnley's 4.

You really are talking out your arse.

Keep going with the personal insults, good stuff. You still lost......I didn't watch the game, was only reflecting on what the radio summarisers were saying about players looking disinterested. Pop back in a few weeks and let us know how you're doing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yesterday when we changed to a 4 at the back we had 27 attempts to Burnley's 4.

How many points do you get for trying?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The brutal unforgiving truth is that Palace are a 2 man team - Zaha and Benteke - and one of them is currently injured.

They need an almighty January transfer window to sort the squad out - let's hope they don't get one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
you can only dream of players like Sakho, Cabaye, Zaha or Benteke.

Whether you actually do or not, as you enter your 5th consecutive season in the Premier League, you certainly should have better players than a newly promoted club. We're where you were four years ago: happy with a 17th place finish and a chance to build from there.

In the same vein, with the years of Premier League riches you have benefited from, you should also have state of the art infrastructure in every aspect of the club. How's that going for you?

Palace just keep on giving as the clown princes of football. Whether it's Pardew's Cup Final dancing, being absolutely the worst club in the country over a calendar year, slit throat gestures to your own players, a revolving door policy for your managers, or sacking a manager after 4 games - it just goes on and on.

If any of those things happened to us you'd be pointing and laughing hard. You've had ALL of those things and more. You're an utter shambles of a football club from top to bottom.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Has he gone or is he composing another absolutely laughable three paragraphs? Fingers crossed it's the latter as I love his perma-wrong rantings.

I almost hope Palace beat Southampton so that he can come here to announce how they're up and running and won't lose another game. Obviously we won't see him for another 6 weeks after that, but it is all very funny.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Course it's not bollox. You know it's the truth, it just ruins your fun. 3 at the back didn't work, FACT. As soon as we returned to 4 we looked much better. Dyche even said after that the better team lost.

It is bollocks. You're a proven bullshitter. You said your team is light years ahead of ours. You were wrong. You said that we would be in for a big shock. We haven't been shocked. You said that you would come good by the Swansea game. You were miles off the mark. You don't know what you are talking about and so this latest insight of yours is nothing more than you borrowing someone else's opinion and passing it off as your own.

That's the truth and in the words of Jack Nicholson....

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
We all wanted a striker, sure, but actually looking at some of the football in this division so far, coupled with the way Hemed has applied himself, I'm not entirely sure we absolutely need a striker now. It would be great of course, and if we got one I think we'd stay up comfortably. But let's be clear, we are NOT a laughing stock. In fact, only a moron would suggest otherwise. We have a manager who is unlikely to be fired even if we go down, we have a well balanced squad (aside from our striker deficiency), we have 2 local lads playing absolutely superbly, and we have done every bit as well as expected (City loss, expected, Leicester loss, slight disappointment, Watford draw, now looking like a great point, WBA win, enough said).

You sound like a soppy schoolboy with your feeble tit for tat. Your ground is horrific, your chairman is a laughing stock, and team is so shìt at the moment that it is breaking all the wrong records. You should probably suck it up instead of coming up with more insane drivel that is only going to make you look even more of a complete plum in the months to come.

You are indeed. Mind the gap on your way out. :bigwave:

You really are desperate! The fact you are bigging up your crappy team up after it got a 0-0 draw at Watford says it all...you had 11 men vs 10 men for 75 minutes and still couldn't score!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You really are desperate! The fact you are bigging up your crappy team up after it got a 0-0 draw at Watford says it all...you had 11 vs 10 men for 75 minutes and still couldn't score!
I don't think you understand the word "desperate", but to be clear it's not me on a Palace website telling anyone who will listen that we are FAR better than you with my team on zero points, unable to score a goal in 4 matches (including 3 winnable ones), having just sacked our manager.

Mind the gap. :lolol:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
You really are desperate! The fact you are bigging up your crappy team up after it got a 0-0 draw at Watford says it all...you had 11 men vs 10 men for 75 minutes and still couldn't score!

And we scored three in our next game against a team that is know for it's strong defence with 11 men, I think your straw clutching is becoming a bit desperate.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If the new manager comes in and plays 4-3-3 we will be fine. Stoke took 3 points from their first 7 games last season and finished mid-table.

It's nothing to with the players being disinterested or demotivated, it was the 3-4-3 tactics that meant we lost our first 3. Yesterday when we changed to a 4 at the back we had 27 attempts to Burnley's 4.

But with the quality you so obviously have, can you explain how 27 attempts resulted in a 0-1 defeat?

Have to say, the cross for Burnley's goal was pure quality :)

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
I'll say it again, you're winning the battle, I don't think you will win the war.

I'll leave you all with that thought. Bye!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If any of those things happened to us you'd be pointing and laughing hard. You've had ALL of those things and more. You're an utter shambles of a football club from top to bottom.

Don't forget, their support is the best in the league:

25,448 for Huddersfield (full house, first game of the season)
23,477 for Swansea (2,000 empty seats - wonderful support)

So around 19,000 rattling around in their old cow shed for the next one then?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll say it again, you're winning the battle, I don't think you will win the war.

I'll leave you all with that thought. Bye!

Before you go, can you tell us after which game we should be allowed to judge you? You had said Swansea, but apparently that isn't right anymore. Shall we say after Chelsea, 23rd October? Plenty of time for your world beaters to pull well clear of the bottom 3.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't forget, their support is the best in the league:

25,448 for Huddersfield (full house, first game of the season)
23,477 for Swansea (2,000 empty seats - wonderful support)

So around 19,000 rattling around in their old cow shed for the next one then?

At least their away support is second to none. Oh hang on...

IMG_20170910_163204.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Jeez, I've seen countless Palace fans on Twitter over the last two or three games absolutely SLATING Benteke, which is highly entertaining considering you paid £30 million for him. I'm not saying he's shit, but it seems quite clear all is not well with him and he's quite probably wishing he'd gone elsewhere.

As for Cabaye, he's hardly set the Premier League on fire since his first half season with you. By reputation, he's a fine player. But he's not consistently shown that for two or three years, has he?

Good players in name, maybe not so much in practice though..?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We are 4 GAMES IN, there is a long way to go and you're only 4 points ahead of us.
I agree.
I maintain what I have said in the past. Your squad does not posses the quality that we have
I agree that your squad is better.
Well no. We have some good players and we will bring in some more.
Woy will come in and grind out results, he knows this league and will get us back to the style we played under Allardyce and Pulis. I'm confident we have enough to survive.
I agree.
You've set yourself up for a fall Simster old boy, you may be winning the battle but I doubt you will win the war.
Well the war isn't one season. We're winning the start of the battle, you may go on to win the battle, but the war is long and I suspect we'll win it in the end.

Don't forgot, you have Hemed, Murray and Baldock as your only strikers till January. You won at the weekend, (congrats) but one swallow doesn't make a summer.
Agreed.

I somehow think i'll be quoting this thread at the end of the season...
Maybe. For now though, we're enjoying it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here