Conceding in extra time THREE matches in a row

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
3 minutes left into extra time why was TOMASZ KUSZCZAK kicking long balls we were not chasing the game ffs

The idea is to keep the ball in the opponents half and at the worse keep kicking it into row z they will not score from a goal kick or throw in down near their goal line/corner flag. What must be avoided is the keeper having the ball in his hands on the edge o his box. When in sight of the goal have a shot that goes high and wide to give a goal kick and then do the same again.

When I was a manager my team won a cup doing just that we were seriously under pressure so I sent the sub keeper on, who had a big kick and told him to stand in or around the centre circle and every time he got the ball at is feet have a shot but make sure it went over the bar or wide of the goal and, he did his for 5 mins and we won the cup, negative boring tactics but effective.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We would have taken a point at Wolves before the game and we won at Huddersfield so I wasn't too concerned about it before Saturday.
I should have been as at has come back to bite us on the arse - hopefully this will be remedied by tuesday.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
The idea is to keep the ball in the opponents half and at the worse keep kicking it into row z they will not score from a goal kick or throw in down near their goal line/corner flag. What must be avoided is the keeper having the ball in his hands on the edge o his box. When in sight of the goal have a shot that goes high and wide to give a goal kick and then do the same again.

When I was a manager my team won a cup doing just that we were seriously under pressure so I sent the sub keeper on, who had a big kick and told him to stand in or around the centre circle and every time he got the ball at is feet have a shot but make sure it went over the bar or wide of the goal and, he did his for 5 mins and we won the cup, negative boring tactics but effective.

Brilliant idea - bring Brezovan on after 85 mins as a midfielder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports