Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

computer help please

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
dear all,
i have managed to connect this pc to the internet at work and i have another one to set up too. the other one wont let me as it says that i am not an administrator and it requires a user name and a password, of which i have neither :rant:.
is there any way that i can connect it to the internet by by-passing this user name/password? or do i have to open the tower and take out and replace the password thingamebob? i have tried switching it off and on btw :bigwave:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You need to think of the user name and password in your head. It may take several million tries. But there is a finite number of words in use so eventually you will come up with the right combination. Look at it as a challenge and think how pleased you will be when you finally guess it.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
You need to think of the user name and password in your head. It may take several million tries. But there is a finite number of words in use so eventually you will come up with the right combination. Look at it as a challenge and think how pleased you will be when you finally guess it.

amazing, i tried nibble as the user name and great help as the password and it worked :bigwave:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Switch off PC, sell PC, by a Mac....all your troubles will be gone.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
dear all,
i have managed to connect this pc to the internet at work and i have another one to set up too. the other one wont let me as it says that i am not an administrator and it requires a user name and a password, of which i have neither :rant:.
is there any way that i can connect it to the internet by by-passing this user name/password? or do i have to open the tower and take out and replace the password thingamebob? i have tried switching it off and on btw :bigwave:

boot up pc in safe mode and you should be able to set up a new user.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Switch off PC, sell PC, by a Mac....all your troubles will be gone.

You missed the "add £400 to price to get shiney apple sticker" as the third step, remember of course that all Apple computers are PCs and have been for over a year; and "have even more problems due to incomplete support for NTLM authentication in WebKit" at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here