Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Computer Help Needed

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Tonight our main computer decided to get as far as the Windows Updates in the start up programme, it won't configure the updates and then shuts down/restarts and goes through the whole process again over and over. I have tried making it go back to the last good configuration but nothing different happened.
The system runs on Vista Home Basic.

Any help appreciated.

thekinglives

Aug 14, 2010
You can try to boot up your computer using the Vista Installation DVD.

You then should have a option of 'Repair Your Computer' (don't chose 'Install Now'), where you can use 'System Restore' to restore to the pre-updates state...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
not saying this will work but mine did the same sort of thing last week .

firstly did the pc bluescreen ?
or have parralell lines on the monitor.

out of interest have you tried starting it in safemode with networking ? you get to this option by keeping your finger on the f8 button as soon as you turn the pc on

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Tonight our main computer decided to get as far as the Windows Updates in the start up programme, it won't configure the updates and then shuts down/restarts and goes through the whole process again over and over. I have tried making it go back to the last good configuration but nothing different happened.
The system runs on Vista Home Basic.

Any help appreciated.

HAve a look here

Windows Freezes on Startup - How To Troubleshoot Stopping, Freezing, or Reboot Issues During Windows Startup

Computer Won't Turn On - How To Troubleshoot a Computer That Won't Turn On - Computer Won't Boot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here