Computer game help needed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Hello good people of NSC

As there seems to be quite a few posters on here with game consoles I was wondering if I could wrack some brains.

When I was younger my brother and I used to love this game for our Commodore Amiga called Wings, where you played a WWI pilot based in France for the final two years of the war. You had to fly missions which were generally split into three types:
1: A 3D simulator-style dogfight combat
2: A 2D bombing mission
3: A weird slanty-angled strafing mission where you basically shot the hell out of the fleeing hun.

Anyway, with Christmas approaching I thought it would be a great gift for my bruv if I could find something similar for the PS2 (oh, ok and me as well). Does anyone know of such a game? I'm not really up to speed on these things these days.

Ta

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
There's nothing really like Wings on PS2. Have either of you got a DS? If so you could play the GBA remake of Wings that was released for that a few years ago - good luck finding a copy though.

However, there is an entertaining and quite pretty (for last gen) WWII plane shoot & bomb 'em up for the PS2 called Secret Weapons Over Normandy, by Lucasarts, that might prove a viable alternative.
Again, it is quite rare, but it's prbably not too expensive if you can find a copy on eBay.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Cheers fella. I had read about the GBA version, but I'm pretty sure my bruv has only got a PS2. Will check out this Secret Weapons thingy a bit more as the gameplay sounds pretty close.

To be honest if I played Wings now I'd probably think it was shite, but at the time I remember being absolutely hooked. Would be brilliant to play it on today's faster machines.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Secret weapons over Normandy. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports