Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

computer cocking about - HELP!

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
I bought a new wireless router and plugged it all in. It worked fine for about 15 minutes and then suddenly went tits up when I tried to open msn and since then (about 4 hours ago) my computer won't connect to the internet or anything.

As far as I can work out it is something in MY computer alone. MY computer connects to the network fine and other computers on the network are on the internet fine (hence me writing this). However when I try and connect MY computer to internet, it just won't do it.

So, the internet connection is fine.
I am connected to the network fine.
I have even tried just plugging my computer directly into the modem (so no router involved) and still nothing.
What on earth have I managed to do to my computer to make it reject everything suddenly?

Any ideas?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Turn it off and on again?
Give it a bang?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I said that earlier. The bit about giving it a bang was a red herring

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
the full harris said:
It works again now. Don't know what I did to mend it though.

Okay, you powered it off and on and in so doing you reset the wireless card. There's a quickere way though. You should have an Icon on your tray that's for the Wireless adaptor. Right click that and you'll have a pop up with and option that says 'Repair'. Click on that and it will reset the card.

If the icon isn't on the tray PM and I'll show you how to do that.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
bhaexpress said:
Okay, you powered it off and on and in so doing you reset the wireless card. There's a quickere way though. You should have an Icon on your tray that's for the Wireless adaptor. Right click that and you'll have a pop up with and option that says 'Repair'. Click on that and it will reset the card.

If the icon isn't on the tray PM and I'll show you how to do that.

Yes, I used the repair thing. Thing was it wouldn't 'register with my ISP' for ages and then suddenly it did. Very odd.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
the full harris said:
Yes, I used the repair thing. Thing was it wouldn't 'register with my ISP' for ages and then suddenly it did. Very odd.

Probably the weather actually. We've had a good few problems with our wireless here as they are a botitspread around, over 7 Acres.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here