Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Completely pointless phrases in adverts, recipes, instructions etc

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I was just looking at a recipe and it said 'Good Quality Beef Stock'. Lucky they said that as I was going to use a piss poor one :shrug:

And on ads for musicians 'no time wasters'. That'll be me then, better not apply :facepalm:

And over to NSC ...
You're going to be sooooo pleased you paid to be a licker with that thread title :wink:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
IMG_2569.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Packs of peanuts contain the warning 'may contain peanuts'.

This is Health and Safety compliance and I for one.....

(sorry just fell down a lift shaft white walking and txting).

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Haven't got a packet to photograph but bags of nuts usually says "May contain nuts"!!!!!

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
The motorhome manufacturer Winnebago had to change their instruction manual to make clear that setting cruise control on the highway did not mean the driver could pop into the kitchen and make a sandwich while the steering took care of itself.

All because of this moron:

This year's runaway 1st-Place Stella Award winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down, $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just incase Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
‘Live on stage’ - any act that’s about to perform in front of an audience. I mean FFS they’re hardly likely to be dead, are they? :shootself
Sorry to spoil it but the live may mean they are actually singing and playing their instruments as opposed to backing tracks. So I'll give that one a pass :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This, it turns out is completely unrelated because I misread the thread title, but I'm going to share it anyway.

You know many recipe websites have a whole load of pre-amble on each recipe page, meaning you have to scroll down, and down, and down before you finally get to the bit you're interested in?

Try this:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Anti-dandruff shampoos that advertise as ‘up to 100% flake free’ ok so anywhere between 0% and 100% then :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here