Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

completely off topic! Lambretta Parka

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
My Parka has seen better days ( the 60s before anyone else says it) and in Horley we only have Charity shops and cafes so was going to pop into Brighton as I am off work and treat myself. Could anyone recomend any shops that may stock fishtail Lambretta Parkas? Any clues as to where to shop is much appreciated, thanks

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
The only place I could find one, about 3 years ago was the army surplus shop in Kensington Gardens. I first tried the shop at the bottom of New England Road, as that was where I bought one in 1964, but they had none left. P.S. They're not Lambretta parkas, they're made in Germany- don't think my dad ever did forgive me for buying that.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Is Jump The Gun still around? That used to be the place to go for all things Mod related. Somewhere in the North Laine area. I probably could google it but can't be arsed. Good luck finding you coat.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Thank you both for replies, tried google I can get one online but I'm fast becoming a fat bastard and wanted to try it on lol

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
Try Immediate in Sydney St , probably better than JtG for Parkas
BTW - the genuine article is American not German

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Try Immediate in Sydney St , probably better than JtG for Parkas
BTW - the genuine article is American not German

They may have been originaly, but mine was German. I tried to hide it by unpicking the German flag on the sleeve, but the label was spotted by my dad.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
If Ian @ Immediate in North Laines doesn't have one (an original American one that is, not a Lambretta one) then he'll know where to get one. If you have a small fortune, you could go to the Pretty Green shop in South Laines, as they have just reproduced Jimmys Parka from Quadrophenia, complete with Who symbol on the back, but it was a few quid last time I looked.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Strangely enough I was looking at Parka's online yesterday. Set you back around £220-£230 but google 'mod clothing London retail' (or something like that) and you'll find three or four stores in London where you can try them on. Horley isn't a huge jump from W1 and there looked like a good store in W10 too - Notting Hill.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
If Ian @ Immediate in North Laines doesn't have one (an original American one that is, not a Lambretta one) then he'll know where to get one. If you have a small fortune, you could go to the Pretty Green shop in South Laines, as they have just reproduced Jimmys Parka from Quadrophenia, complete with Who symbol on the back, but it was a few quid last time I looked.

£500 when I asked, it is a sensational one off

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Or just stop being a mod you mid life crisis menace.

There's nothing sadder than seeing the procession of well past their sell by date faces and their rocker counterparts with their brycreem bonces and their Triumph Bonnevilles weaving down Madeira drive every year.
:wink:

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
My Parka has seen better days ( the 60s before anyone else says it) and in Horley we only have Charity shops and cafes so was going to pop into Brighton as I am off work and treat myself. Could anyone recomend any shops that may stock fishtail Lambretta Parkas? Any clues as to where to shop is much appreciated, thanks

Saw some down the Portobello Rd recently.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Appreciate the replies, I couldn't go today in the end, found one online for 135 but they added a Ltax" (don't specify what this is ) and also 45 quid P and P!! Will leave early for footy on Saturday and go to the suggestions, thanks again

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Just messaged Si (Ian's business partner) at Immediate.

They have some in stock ranging from £40 - £100.

:)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Army Surplus place in Merstham (sp) just on the A23 before redhill, used to have parkas, some years ago mind, but might be worth a look.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here