Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

completely O/T, does anyone know what an 'extratextual symbol' is?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
It is something which apparently might be found in a book, but what exactly is an 'extratextual symbol'?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its a symbol that is extratextual

what do I win?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Is it those little '1s' and '2s' you get by sentences.. which you have to then look up on footer notes?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
You would have won a mars bar but that is not exactly the answer i was hoping for!

p.s. what did your daughter/you think of lufbra?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Muzzman said:
Is it those little '1s' and '2s' you get by sentences.. which you have to then look up on footer notes?

Ah, that might be it, although this is mentioned in the context of a children's book which probably doesn't have those...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the full harris said:
You would have won a mars bar but that is not exactly the answer i was hoping for!

p.s. what did your daughter/you think of lufbra?

Mars bar...wooohooo.

really great thanks. Loved it and has put it down as 1st choice. She has been offered place with grades of BBC, but they liked her so said they would not hold her to those, ie ring up once the results are through and see what happens.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
Mars bar...wooohooo.

really great thanks. Loved it and has put it down as 1st choice. She has been offered place with grades of BBC, but they liked her so said they would not hold her to those, ie ring up once the results are through and see what happens.

Cool, she'll have a great time here. I hope the recent SHOOTING at the union has not put her off since her decision! (it's honestly very safe round here normally!)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the full harris said:
Cool, she'll have a great time here. I hope the recent SHOOTING at the union has not put her off since her decision! (it's honestly very safe round here normally!)

Her second choice is Brunel.

From what I have seen and read about that area, it makes Baghdad seem like Shangri La.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
haha, yeah, oh she definitely wants to come here rather than brunel, it's all numpty midlanders rather gangbangers round here.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: completely O/T, does anyone know what an 'extratextual symbol' is?

mendoza10 said:
Is it when ET phones home, sorry i mis read it :jester:

I dont have a fcukin clue, ive never heard of it before

:lolol:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
It's when a letter is placed after a word to indicate whether it is a noun (n), verb (v), adjective (a) etc

Yummy Mars Bar for me then

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here