Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

compare 26th Jan 2013 25th Jan 2015

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last week I wanted to list all our teams v Arsenal.

2 years ago, 1987-88 (?) and our league encounters with the hope of 'picking our very best team EVER v Arsenal.

Sadly for me I couldn't find the teams from back in the day.

So if anyone else fancies pi$$ing people off with yet another Gooner thread, feel free.

Last edited:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
We're going dahn! The Gooners are gonna wipe the floor with us and we're going to wiping away the tears on the 24th using our £42 print at home tickets, I might even print mine off on some tissue paper to make things easier.

#bad times

Ah, the 24th you say. See you then.

You could do your bit for Al Gore and double it up as toilet paper. Then roll it up as a pretend microphone to give the bleating Gooners fans a fraudulent interview or ten apres the match.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Gus should have pissed the league that year,far to negative at home sometimes.

If we'd beaten Hull on the very first game of the season, and all other results had been the same, we would have gone up in 2nd. If Ulloa had been there all season, we'd have gone up in 2nd. If we hadn't bottled it against Palace, I believe we'd have beaten Watford in the final (they were dreadful on the day). I agree, we should have done it - but I don't think the fault was entirely Poyet's negativity.

If we'd beaten Hull on the very first game of the season, and all other results had been the same, we would have gone up in 2nd. If Ulloa had been there all season, we'd have gone up in 2nd. If we hadn't bottled it against Palace, I believe we'd have beaten Watford in the final (they were dreadful on the day). I agree, we should have done it - but I don't think the fault was entirely Poyet's negativity.

Very true,just think with a better home record we'd have gone up as champs,and don't mention the missed Penners that year!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Have to say that there was far more quality in that squad. But seem to recall some financial difficulties not too long after.

You bought a souvenir programme and couldn't afford the bus home?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Only one still at the Club. Shocking.

attachment.php

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You bought a souvenir programme and couldn't afford the bus home?

yep.

But seriously, despite all the holier than thou people on here, we were a club in serious difficulty after a couple of seasons in the top flight. Yet still we see people demanding more spent on players. We would probably have been ok with the cup final cash.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
yep.

But seriously, despite all the holier than thou people on here, we were a club in serious difficulty after a couple of seasons in the top flight. Yet still we see people demanding more spent on players. We would probably have been ok with the cup final cash.

There was some Cup Final cash?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here