Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Companies you hate, and will avoid using/buying from if you possibly can

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
ASDA

Discriminatory rewards system, deliberately excluding those who can't or don't use smart phones. They gave me, as a vulnerable person, free deliveries through lockdown, but now f*** 'em - I've switched to Tesco. Serves 'em right.
Better (clubcard) prices, and frequently quality too. No going back, unless ASDA stop discriminating.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Don't generally have a problem with companies as they all exist to exploit a market and, to some extent, their employees.

But I wil make exceptions for Starbucks (I find their coffee bland and worse than McDonalds), Dyson (whose stuff is poor quality and ludicrously over-priced), Apple (ditto) and Everest (ditto).

I do have relatively low standards here as I will still use Wetherspoon and Sports Direct (online).

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
But I will make exceptions for Starbucks (I find their coffee bland and worse than McDonalds)
I'll only buy coffee from a service station (on a long drive and fancy a 'treat'), and never from Starbucks, for the selfish reasons listed below - their caffeine content is ridiculously low...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Amazon
JCB
Amazon
Warburtons
Amazon

I've never actually needed to buy a Digger, but Bamford is a ****, and I met one of his senior bean counters racing at Goodwood, he was an arrogant patronising entitled brexit tory **** too . . . . so have a mental note to avoid yellow branded shit.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Amazon is a good one, not only on ethics but on a practicable level it's useless. Swamped with fakes and compromised reviews, I trust ebay more than Amazon.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Don't generally have a problem with companies as they all exist to exploit a market and, to some extent, their employees.

But I wil make exceptions for Starbucks (I find their coffee bland and worse than McDonalds), Dyson (whose stuff is poor quality and ludicrously over-priced), Apple (ditto) and Everest (ditto).

I do have relatively low standards here as I will still use Wetherspoon and Sports Direct (online).

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

You don't have low standards just more wiser with your money decisions. As for Spoons they always pour a decent real ale for me. Put a lot of pubs to shame. Just a shame it's Doombar or Abbots Ale all the time.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
In a survey I was completing today there was a question asking me to list three companies that I hate and I'd avoid using/buying if at all possible.

I could only think of one: Ryanair. I've never actually used them, but the whole experience generally sounds so ghastly, I'd try my hardest to use anyone else possible.

What company(s) would make your list?
Southern Water. Tipping crap into the sea at every opportunity. However sadly we have little choice .
Amazon . Pay their staff badly and very little in tax
McDonalds. Im vegetarian. They are responsible for a small slice of this planets ills

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apple. Designed to not to last and encourage you to spend huge amounts just to keep up. Had an ipod once, learnt my lesson quickly.
I still have a working iPod so they so last. That said, I do usually use my iPhone for music these days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Amazon
JCB
Amazon
Warburtons
Amazon

I've never actually needed to buy a Digger, but Bamford is a ****, and I met one of his senior bean counters racing at Goodwood, he was an arrogant patronising entitled brexit tory **** too . . . . so have a mental note to avoid yellow branded shit.
All apart from the teeny-weeny snaffoo centred around Bamford having absolutely nothing to do with JCB.

Other than that, as you were.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Brighton and Hove Albion.
Quality of service has been variable over the last 40 years but to be fair they have significantly improved during the last 12 years.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
ASDA

Discriminatory rewards system, deliberately excluding those who can't or don't use smart phones. They gave me, as a vulnerable person, free deliveries through lockdown, but now f*** 'em - I've switched to Tesco. Serves 'em right.
Better (clubcard) prices, and frequently quality too. No going back, unless ASDA stop discriminating.
I didn't realise that happened, I hate any company or organisation that does that, it's awful, it excludes so many. That said, Asda are the only supermarket that deliver round here so I have to weigh it up against the 60 mins round trip to Co-Op who'll have half of what I want or an 2 hours to places that will....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
ASDA

Grow up and buy a smartphone

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
ASDA

Asda cater for a certain clientele from my personal observations.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Subway, the ingredients all look proper skanky in the little pots, just horrible.
I’ve had two, one in the US and one in Worthing, both times inedible due to sawdust bread on one and rubbery bread on the other. Disgusting

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Asda cater for a certain clientele from my personal observations.
Good selection of reasonably priced wine though.

Their pharmacy in the one near me is staffed by smiley happy people unlike the chemists around me. My go to for prescriptions.

Alcohol and (old man) legal drugs sorted :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here