Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Como or Garda

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Love Lake Garda and flew there from Gatwick to Milan. Stayed at Torbole but won't recommend the hotel as it was a small family run hotel. We were 3 hours on the coach from Milan airport (Verona is much nearer if you can get a flight to there). We weren't far from Riva, where car chase scenes from one of the James Bond films were filmed. .

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Thanks so much all...lots to take on board...sounds like the perfect area for a holiday

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Only done Lake Garda and went to Bardolino both times. Fantastic and so easy to tour the lake in a day by coach so you can see where you want to spend more time. Hop on a boat and just potter off to a different town. One end of the lake is more Mediterranean and the other has the mountains so the contrasts are superb and Venice is close enough for a trip.

I will never forget the view from the plane as it descended down over the lake with such amazing blue and green colours of the water.

I'm sure lake Como is just as nice so you won't be dissapointed whichever you choose

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Stayed in Riva at top of Garda, visited other towns on the lake, all very nice.
Day trip to Verona, very good, would have gone a bit further to Padua or Venice if hadn't been to both before.
However, high spot was day trip north to Dolomites - this was in summer, not December, maybe you can go skiing.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Only done Lake Garda and went to Bardolino both times. Fantastic and so easy to tour the lake in a day by coach so you can see where you want to spend more time. Hop on a boat and just potter off to a different town. One end of the lake is more Mediterranean and the other has the mountains so the contrasts are superb and Venice is close enough for a trip.

I will never forget the view from the plane as it descended down over the lake with such amazing blue and green colours of the water.

I'm sure lake Como is just as nice so you won't be dissapointed whichever you choose

Totally concur with all of the above, particulary the plane arrival into Verona - that view !
I too have only visited Lake Garda and we also stayed in Bardolino - Hotel Gardenia.
A family owned hotel run by 3 brothers - a most convivial hotel you could not possibly find ; http://www.hotelgardenia.it/en/
Another highlight would be to take the ferry down to Sirimone - beautiful !

And as an unexpected bonus, due to the influx of holidaying Germans there's all these Munich wheat beers on tap in the bars sitting along nicely with the lovely Bardolino reds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here