Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Common sayings people get wrong

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If you're talking common misspellings, the one that's seen regularly on NSC is "shoe-in" rather than "shoo-in". You hardly ever see that spelled correctly. You also see "baited breath" rather too frequently as well

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
Having read it earlier in this thread and had a good chuckle, someone actually used the phrase "it's not rocket surgery the other day" and despite me laughing and repeating it, I think everyone else on the call thought I was the mad one.

I realise during the autumn internationals that I have been getting the "gain line" wrong all my life. I thought it was the "game line".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
One of the American TV cook calls it a dogs breakfast as opposed to a dogs dinner which always makes me smile

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The day after the US presidential election I was listening to 5 live on the way to work and they were interviewing an American woman who was responding to claims that the FBI director had played a major part in Clinton's defeat as being an 'escape goat'. Made me chuckle at 7.30 in the morning

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
The day after the US presidential election I was listening to 5 live on the way to work and they were interviewing an American woman who was responding to claims that the FBI director had played a major part in Clinton's defeat as being an 'escape goat'. Made me chuckle at 7.30 in the morning

Won't somebody keep an eye on the goats for heavens sake!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On here in the past week alone, there's been talk of complaints falling on death ears, people being knocked off pedal stools and buses going from Falmer to Lewis. Marvellous seeings! :clap:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
On here in the past week alone, there's been talk of complaints falling on death ears, people being knocked off pedal stools and buses going from Falmer to Lewis. Marvellous seeings! :clap:

Did I notice something getting on someones's goat too?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
My Dad doesn't have any pacific objection to being quoted here though he might find the thread quite banal (to rhyme with anal!) :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here