Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Comic Strip Presents......New Episode Tonight @ 22:00 hrs

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Maybe it's just me but I can't believe how much Maxine Peake looks like a young Miranda Richardson .

Perhaps the red wig made me think of Queenie from Blackadder

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well what a disappointment. I smiled a bit a couple of times, but after about 20 minutes I lost interest and changed channel. The redhead looked like Miranda Richardson (as noted already) but was presented more like a batty Anna Wintour than the creature she really is. NOT FUNNY. :(

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
The Strike.

Wasn't that the GLC? One of my favourites, but helps if you were in London at the time to really get it. Kate Bush (sigh!) sang the theme tune and appeared in a later episode as a bride at a chaotic wedding reception.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Wasn't that the GLC? One of my favourites, but helps if you were in London at the time to really get it. Kate Bush (sigh!) sang the theme tune and appeared in a later episode as a bride at a chaotic wedding reception.

Of course it was , my mistake. Remember Dawn French playing Joan Ruddock, as Cher

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ashamed to say I gave up on it, really not funny at all

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It was nice to see a MkIII Capri on the telly again, usually have to watch re runs of the Professionals for that.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Having worked at News International at Wapping and visited the Grauniad's old Farringdon Road HQ a few times, I have to say it caught the atmosphere of both pretty well! Maxine Peake is far prettier than the appalling Rebekah, but her character showed the same competence and attention to detail as the real thing ...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
A saving grace, maybe - but hardly worth watching the rest for, surely?

Well it was nowhere near as bad as some are making out. Ok I didn't laugh out loud but I did have a grin on my face through most of it.

Then again, Comic Strip isn't something I usually laugh out loud too, well maybe on the odd occasion but I've never found it that type of comedy series.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Disappointing. Bit like a sneery sixth form review put together by 50 year olds who can't write humour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here