Comedy WARS: The Office vs. I'm Alan Partridge

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which is better?

• The Office - Brent, Keenan & co. all the way

Votes: 105 47.7%
  • Alan Partridge - I'm not talking small Toblerones, these were MEDIUM-SIZED Toblerones!

Votes: 115 52.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
Two of my favourite shows of all time but have got to go with Partridge here....

Maybe my favourite comedy character ever.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Hard to separate them but I went with Alan based solely on the fact that the series is now 17 years old and yet I'm still quoting the lines. I went shopping with the girlfriend for a dining room table last year with the inevitable "YES! It's an extender!" quotation and subsequent fit of giggling. Now, I can't even use the extender without thinking of that line and guffawing again.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Hard to separate them but I went with Alan based solely on the fact that the series is now 17 years old and yet I'm still quoting the lines. I went shopping with the girlfriend for a dining room table last year with the inevitable "YES! It's an extender!" quotation and subsequent fit of giggling. Now, I can't even use the extender without thinking of that line and guffawing again.

Nice action

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Why are these two paired together? They are both brilliant yet Miranda and mrs browns boys which are no way funny are also paired together.

Next you will pair Only Fools with Fawlty towers

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Really dificult to separate. However I said to myself if I was only allowed to watch one episode of something before I die which would it be, and you can't beat the last episode of The Office so I am going for that. Pure class, brilliant ending.

But Alan Partridge is a legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports