Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comedy WARS: Miranda vs. Mrs Brown's Boys

Which is better?

• Miranda

Votes: 41 21.9%
  • Mrs Brown's Boys

Votes: 34 18.2%
  • Literally ANYTHING rather than this two fetid, stinking, braindead chunks of pure BOLLOCKS

Votes: 112 59.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Good to see 'Literally ANYTHING rather than this two fetid, stinking, braindead chunks of pure BOLLOCKS' running ahead with the votes

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is the one EVERYONE has been waiting for, two comedy HEAVYWEIGHTS going toe-to-toe.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If you've got a daughter Miranda is great bonding time. Loved both series, although I wouldn't waste my time watching it otherwise because to be frank it's middle of the road gash. Mrs Brown's Boys on the other hand is complete bossocks.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Miranda is actually quite funny.

There, I said it.

I like it as well so that is at least three of us.

We need to stick together on this one.

I think a lot of people fail to see the satirical nature of what Miranda Hart is achieving with Miranda. She has managed to poke real fun at the post Bridget Jones West London set, as well as mixing up a timeless mix of 'Carry On' slapstick, Frank Spencer, Hi-de-Hi within a complete farce. I don't go out of my way to watch it, but when I do, it does make me chuckle. Perhaps it's a generation thing, but I find Miranda achieving a nostalgic nod back to a different time sprinkled with a knowing nod that it is all a bit stupid.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The fact that you added the third option is making me reconsider my belief that there is no god.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't believe so many people have gone for option 3.
Because option 1 and 2 are so shit. I thought Miranda was ok the first time I watched it, but it's just so repetitive. When I accidentally catch it on, the jokes are no different. I don't need to say anything about Mrs Brown's Boys.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Because option 1 and 2 are so shit. I thought Miranda was ok the first time I watched it, but it's just so repetitive. When I accidentally catch it on, the jokes are no different. I don't need to say anything about Mrs Brown's Boys.

Agree with you about Mrs Brown's Boys, but I really enjoy Miranda - normally find it fairly refreshing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agree with you about Mrs Brown's Boys, but I really enjoy Miranda - normally find it fairly refreshing.
It's alright, but there's some really great stuff in the other face offs. Anyway, we can all just agree I'm wrong about everything, until Green Wing makes its showing. Then you'll all just have to accept that was the finest comedy this country has every seen.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mrs Miranda Brown's Boys script...

MH: Oh, I'm so fed up. No-one calls me...

MB: He, he. Feck aaarf, ye tall witch.

MH: All of my friends are out, my arse is getting bigger...

MB: Jaysus, what a gobshoite, heh, heh.

MH: And I feel so insecure.

MB: Stick in op yer bollocks.

Repeat to fade

Congratulations. That's the longest Miranda has ever lasted in a sketch without falling over.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
utter gash

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here