Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comedy WARS: Men Behaving Badly vs The Young Ones

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Men Behaving Badly by a country mile. Young ones felt dated and daft when i first saw it around late 80's, seemed too crude. MBB was/is like life and didnt rely on elaborate stunts to get a laugh, just excellent observation of blokes being blokes.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
MBB for me. TYO seemed a bit too slapstick.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Swung back to MBB now after recalling the 'When there's always biscuits in the barrel, where's the fun in biscuits?' line.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Suprised that many votes for MBB over the Young Ones - The Young Ones every time, although I really liked MBB also.

Now 'Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads' v MBB is a better one.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Another vote for MBB here - tbh I've never found Rik Mayall all that funny. And anything that has every had Alexi Sayle in it for anything longer than 0.000001 of a second can do one.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

"Being Scottish and Jewish, 2 racial stereotypes for the price of 1, perhaps the best value in the graveyard, this morning....perhaps not"

and

spy A "Why won't you let me take the lens cap off?"
spy B "Beacuse they're not real binoculars"
spy A "Well why can't we have a real pair on Binocoliers for a change?"
spy B "Because then the aliens would know that we're watching them"
Spy A "But we're not watching them" (points to lens cap)
spy B "yes but they're not to know that are they"

Classic madcap clever fun. :lolol:

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was the little incidentals in The Young Ones that made it funny. Like the two dogs yapping and one says to the other "it's a game isn't it?"
"what is?"
"Chess"

:lolol:

Edit: here it is:
[yt]9Sf6wLaFRNc[/yt]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was the little incidentals in The Young Ones that made it funny. Like the two dogs yapping and one says to the other "it's a game isn't it?"
"what is?"
"Chess"

:lolol:

Edit: here it is:
[yt]9Sf6wLaFRNc[/yt]

That's good.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The Young Ones for me, groundbreaking at the time although it's impact diminished in the subsequent years due to the over exposure of the main characters who only ever went on to play variations of their Young Ones characters.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Young Ones every time. I can still recite large sections of script as spent my sixth form obsessed with the series.
That's the thing - a lot of us that saw both, saw TYO when we were teenagers, and we're not going to forget it. Seeing MBB once we'd grown up wasn't the same. Those that saw MBB when they were teenagers, didn't see TYO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here