• Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think we've all forgotten Rangers.

Pay your manager £850,000 to win a league where opponents are a bunch carpenters and bin men.
Pay your striker more money per year than the entire wage bill of any of your competitors.
Lose to noddy teams in tin pot cup compeitions Challenge Cup v Raith, League Cup v Forfar - all with 10% of the playing budget.
Tell the world (who colllectively scratch their head) that finances are precarious, just two years after starting again essentially with a clean slate and one of the best stadiums in Europe all paid for.

And then finally...announce losses of £70m or so in just two years.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think we've all forgotten Rangers.

Pay your manager £850,000 to win a league where opponents are a bunch carpenters and bin men.
Pay your striker more money per year than the entire wage bill of any of your competitors.
Lose to noddy teams in tin pot cup compeitions Challenge Cup v Raith, League Cup v Forfar - all with 10% of the playing budget.
Tell the world (who colllectively scratch their head) that finances are precarious, just two years after starting again essentially with a clean slate and one of the best stadiums in Europe all paid for.

And then finally...announce losses of £70m or so in just two years.

I did consider including Jock teams (Rangers did make an appearance a few years ago) but let's face it, EVERY team in the Scottish "Professional" Football League is a comedy team. That also includes Celtic who apparently achieved their best league title ever in a one-horse race.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I did consider including Jock teams (Rangers did make an appearance a few years ago) but let's face it, EVERY team in the Scottish "Professional" Football League is a comedy team. That also includes Celtic who apparently achieved their best league title ever in a one-horse race.

PLEASE tell me that Lennon pillock hasn't been quoted saying something like that?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A little mention for the 20th biggest spending club, in Europe, last summer.
Big money strikers who only score on debut.
Namby-pampy board to scared to make the tough decision, then make it too late.

I give you Norwich.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Cardiff for me. Employing someone off the street as head of recruitment, sacking Malkay (for spending too much money - how exactly given that he won't control the purse strings?), Vincent Tan and his bond villan persona as well as that completely odd interview he gave. Cardiff has been a basket case all year and that's before the red shirt debacle last year. I'm surprised thier fans haven't been more vocal - We see more anger from shirtless Geordies because they've finished in the top 10 than Cardiff fans dressed in blue.

It was them or Man Utd but then Man Utd got to the last 8 of the CL and have just lost more games than average at home. Sure its a bad season for them but they will be back, corporate brands and all. Moyes seems an honourable sort as well although its nice to see quiet plastic fans in my local pub for a change.

Portsmouth deserve a mention, especially trying to sign 25K a week Jamie O'Hara on loan. Deary me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
HAS to be Pompey for me, for the delicious continuation of their spectacular, catastrophic, swift and richly deserved descent into complete and utter noddydom.

Mysteriously tipped in August as being one of the favourites for promotion, sights were rapidly readjusted after getting slapped 4-1 on the opening day at home by...Oxford. Soul-sapping defeats to the likes of Wimbledon (0-4), Scunthorpe (1-5), Rochdale (0-3), topped off with a home defeat to newly non-league Torquay (0-1), as well as a delightful trio of consecutive 0-0 draws with Chesterfield, Cheltenham and Burton have reaffirmed Pompey's rightful place amongst the down-and-out dregs in the basement at the arse-end of the football league.

The simple pleasure gleaned from trying to stay up long enough on the FLS to catch their latest hapless footballing spasm on their grand tour of the godforsaken tinpot dumps and obscure outposts of this country, just cannot be overstated. They can't even be bothered to have a proper elevated camera angle at Fratton any more, with their "highlights" coverage seemingly coming from a wobbly camera plonked on a tea hut roof halfway along one of the touchlines.

Portsmouth FC is the gift that keeps on giving as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and TWATS.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
HAS to be Pompey for me, for the delicious continuation of their spectacular, catastrophic, swift and richly deserved descent into complete and utter noddydom.

Mysteriously tipped in August as being one of the favourites for promotion, sights were rapidly readjusted after getting slapped 4-1 on the opening day at home by...Oxford. Soul-sapping defeats to the likes of Wimbledon (0-4), Scunthorpe (1-5), Rochdale (0-3), topped off with a home defeat to newly non-league Torquay (0-1), as well as a delightful trio of consecutive 0-0 draws with Chesterfield, Cheltenham and Burton have reaffirmed Pompey's rightful place amongst the down-and-out dregs in the basement at the arse-end of the football league.

The simple pleasure gleaned from trying to stay up long enough on the FLS to catch their latest hapless footballing spasm on their grand tour of the godforsaken tinpot dumps and obscure outposts of this country, just cannot be overstated. They can't even be bothered to have a proper elevated camera angle at Fratton any more, with their "highlights" coverage seemingly coming from a wobbly camera plonked on a tea hut roof halfway along one of the touchlines.

Portsmouth FC is the gift that keeps on giving as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and TWATS.

The only blip is their disappointing end of season revival which has meant they may well finish top half. Twats.

I do have a lot of love for Forest this season, for their pre-season optimism and conviction on the part of many of their fans that promotion was a certainty, for the fact that they left that saggy faced little weasel in charge for all that time, pissing off the entire league, most of the media and, in the end, his own devoted fans, for failing to put a new manager in place until next season, thus all but confirming this season's mediocre position, and for their comedy second half of the season run, resulting in them plummeting from automatic promotion contenders to mid table dullards, and all on the back of trying to sign more strikers than the rest of the league put together.

Cardiff have been mildly amusing but I have no real feelings for them either way, they just don't really register for me, likewise Man United. Liverpool would be comedy geniuses for my money if they screwed up the title now, but I don't think they will, simply because I think City will flake when it matters.

I had no idea what a gigantic shambles Rangers were until this week, and it's always worth a giggle to watch the delusions of the two Old Firm clubs, who squander more money in a season than the entire MTL have ever owned. Seeing Celtic's ecstatic celebrations after winning their 71st title in a row against the 15th Maryhill & District Brownies just about summed them up.

Oooh, I just can't decide.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
FFS :facepalm:

Neil Lennon hailed his Celtic side's title-winning 5-1 defeat of Partick Thistle as a "simply breathtaking" way to emphasise their Scottish dominance.

Scott Brown: "We were going to do a lap of honour, but I think it's just the stewards that are left now," said the midfielder. "We're still having fun.

"We knew we had the players to do it. The first-half performance wasn't the best, but we came out guns blazing in the second half and Partick Thistle couldn't deal with us."
:rolleyes:

dan4bha

Mar 27, 2014
Man Utd, had some right good laughs watching them this season. The peno shootout vs. Sunderland being a particular highlight :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here