Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Come on xxxxx chant

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Bit of a throwback watching the Luton game given their only chant seems to be Come On Luton, Come On Luton to Auld Lang Syne. Is anyone else like me not a fan of this chant as I always associated it with us not doing well? It is almost a pleading chant. Does it still get an outing as I haven't heard it for a while.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bit of a throwback watching the Luton game given their only chant seems to be Come On Luton, Come On Luton to Auld Lang Syne. Is anyone else like me not a fan of this chant as I always associated it with us not doing well? It is almost a pleading chant. Does it still get an outing as I haven't heard it for a while.
I quite like that chant. It’s like a bit of a pep talk from the fans. We don’t hear it enough anymore.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
At the Goldstone it was always sung when we weren’t playing well IIRC.

Not surprised it’s still going at Luton. Fans, ground and town centre straight out of the 1970s.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
At the Goldstone it was always sung when we weren’t playing well IIRC.

Not surprised it’s still going at Luton. Fans, ground and town centre straight out of the 1970s.
I remember coming back from the 3-2 loss to Liverpool in the FA Cup in 90/91 and loading up my new extension disk for Kick Off 2 on my Amiga to cheer myself up. First corner, and I was treated to a digital rendition of Come on Palace. Turned it off and went to bed. Think Steve Screech who worked on it was a Palace fan. Probably when I moved to Sensible Soccer!

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Same, for me it's always been what you sing when you're 2 down and playing like ****.

Goes for the other tune too.

Maybe I just learnt it at a time we were playing like **** and associated :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here