Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Come on Villa!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But you could say that about Villa winning giving us a chance of getting into 14th place.

That’s what we should be focusing on, we wouldn’t be if Palace won.

IF we do go on to finish 14th, this will turn out to be a massive result.

Undeniable. Fingers crossed. I would love to see it happen.
Bournemouth currently losing. I am a bit relieved :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Look, Villa only need to lose 1 out of Palace, Everton, Arsenal and West Ham.

So, to really want the team above us (who are catchable) to win rather than the other 3 teams is short sighted, impatient and very pessimistic.

To want Palace to win to ‘save our season’ shows a total lack of belief in our team.

Hopefully Potter will be drumming it into the lads that we can finish 14th with a strong end to the season.

I'm a glass half full merchant. But....

Anyway, brilliant for plucky tonight. Teams below us doing well puts us on our toes....should prepel us beyond infinity and above Palace.

Remind me about this later and I'll cook up a suitable tribute :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No edit, that I'm aware of.
Still happy with the position.

Bournemouth have been lucky tonight.
It won't continue.

Also known as ****ing brilliant. Long may it not continue.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s what I thought it terms of motivation, if Palace won today (which they didn’t, they lost...again :lol: ) we’d have almost nothing left to play for. The players should be much more up for it now.

They know a win will keep us from getting caught by Villa and get us to within 3 points of 14th place.

If I was a player, I’d not want to see this thread because of the lack of belief from our fans.

Seemingly, a great day for us two :lol:

Bollocks.

Do you seriously think our players were rooting for Villa today? ???

Totally deluded :shrug:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Bollocks.

Do you seriously think our players were rooting for Villa today? ???

Totally deluded :shrug:

Hmm, I didn’t say, still making up things in your head I see.

I was talking about the lack of faith in our squad from our so called supporters.

Again, if Villa lose their next game then they can’t catch us. If Bournemouth lose against Man City, we only need a draw.

Watford and West Ham are still below us, I think they are a lot more worried!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I was talking about the lack of faith in our squad from our so called supporters.

It’s not a test of whether the supporters believe or not. That means nothing. I’ve seen enough Albion teams lose runs of games to not discount the possibility. Being a realist makes me no less a supporter.
What’s important is that Villa won and that does not help the Albion. Bournemouth won and the believers probably never thought that possible. Teams have been unexpectedly relegated and too good to go down before. It is low probability but to be all happy clappy about its impossibility is a little naive.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Again, if Villa lose their next game then they can’t catch us. If Bournemouth lose against Man City, we only need a draw.

Watford and West Ham are still below us, I think they are a lot more worried!

Which is what I was digging you out about. Which supporters don't have failth in our squad? Not me. But mathematics is mathematics, and three points for a team chasing us is .....You don'tseem to be able to follow the argument. Never mind.

Anyone would think you wanted to leave the EU because to be in it says 'lack of faith in the UK'.

Presumably you are single because to be in a relationship shows a lack of faith in yourself.

No need to reply. I have a better conversation on offer from the cat.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It’s not a test of whether the supporters believe or not. That means nothing.
What’s important is that Villa won and that does not help the Albion. Bournemouth won and the believers probably never thought that possible. Teams have been unexpectedly relegated and too good to go down before. It is low probability but to be all happy clappy about its impossibility is a little naive.

It does help The Albion, it gives us a shot at 14th.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Again, I don’t understand. How can you be happy that teams in the relegation places can catch us ? It’s the same question as earlier really. I just don’t get it.

Palace lost. That is ALL that matters. Don't you get it? Football is only about Palace. They lost. That is all that matters. Don't you follow? Palace lost.
Palace lost. That is ALL that matters. Don't you get it? Football is only about Palace. They lost. That is all that matters. Don't you follow? Palace lost.
Palace lost. That is ALL that matters. Don't you get it? Football is only about Palace. They lost. That is all that mtaters. Don't you follow? Palace lost.

<sigh>

To quote Viv Stanshall, sometimes you just can't win. My pink half of the drainpipe. I may paint it blue. My pink half of the drainpipe, keeps me safe from we ate palace.

:thumbsup:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Which is what I was digging you out about. Which supporters don't have failth in our squad? Not me. But mathematics is mathematics, and three points for a team chasing us is .....You don'tseem to be able to follow the argument. Never mind.

Anyone would think you wanted to leave the EU because to be in it says 'lack of faith in the UK'.

Presumably you are single because to be in a relationship shows a lack of faith in yourself.

Best call the RSPCA if you’re putting the poor thing through that.

If you think we won’t gain anymore points from for our 3 games and have to rely on the teams below to lose, then that shows lack of confidence in our squad.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It does help The Albion, it gives us a shot at 14th.

I accept your optimism. You may well be right. If you are, hats off.

Ditto Brexit. I want the best just as you do.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

As always sensible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here