Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Come on Villa!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Again, I don’t understand. How can you be happy that teams in the relegation places can catch us ? It’s the same question as earlier really. I just don’t get it.

I don't really know you as a poster, so i won't make any snap judgements.
But in general I'm getting a bit pissed off with posters who flit between excessive expectations of what the club can achieve when we win and being excessively gloomy when we lose.

Had we picked up a point yesterday, I guarantee that I would have been joined by many others wanting to see a Villa victory.
We still wouldn't have been safe.But people would have been in a happier frame of mind and it would have been acceptable "banter" to be cheering on Villa.

In reality we are playing really well, much better than the main candidates for relegation.
We should be able to pick up points from our last 3 games, but even if we don't 3 out of 4 teams have to pick up between 3 and 7 points to relegate us.

We are as safe as we have any right to be, considering the position we found ourselves in prior to the restart.

Palace are in the middle of a very poor run . So much so that the bookies had Villa favourites for this one.(2.4 vs 3.4).

Rooting for them is not something I can do in the circumstances.
Sure if Villa were 3 points behind us, it may have swayed me. But I'll back Brighton first and if needs be Arsenal/Everton and West Ham to do the job. If that's ok with you.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Palace lost. That is ALL that matters. Don't you get it? Football is only about Palace. They lost. That is all that matters. Don't you follow? Palace lost.
Palace lost. That is ALL that matters. Don't you get it? Football is only about Palace. They lost. That is all that matters. Don't you follow? Palace lost.
Palace lost. That is ALL that matters. Don't you get it? Football is only about Palace. They lost. That is all that mtaters. Don't you follow? Palace lost.

<sigh>

To quote Viv Stanshall, sometimes you just can't win. My pink half of the drainpipe. I may paint it blue. My pink half of the drainpipe, keeps me safe from we ate palace.

:thumbsup:

That does seem to be a major factor with some. Also a refusal to accept the occurrence of low probability disasters. I kind of admire the optimism as well but can’t help thinking about the insurances I have bought to cover me against the worst. I can’t just stick my head in the sand and hope for the best. Today’s results will have (I think) an effect on GP’s approach on Thursday if they are replicated in the others kicking off before us. I just don’t think GP will ignore the teams below us and just focus on finishing 14th. I stand by my instinct to back Palace today. Gaining one place in the league table is just not enough reward for risking it all.
Anyway, we can’t influence anything. Interesting debate though that highlights each of our attitudes to risk/reward.
Roll on Thursday and tonking Southampton (for a change).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don't really know you as a poster, so i won't make any snap judgements.
But in general I'm getting a bit pissed off with posters who flit between excessive expectations of what the club can achieve when we win and being excessively gloomy when we lose.

Had we picked up a point yesterday, I guarantee that I would have been joined by many others wanting to see a Villa victory.
We still wouldn't have been safe.But people would have been in a happier frame of mind and it would have been acceptable "banter" to be cheering on Villa.

In reality we are playing really well, much better than the main candidates for relegation.
We should be able to pick up points from our last 3 games, but even if we don't 3 out of 4 teams have to pick up between 3 and 7 points to relegate us.

We are as safe as we have any right to be, considering the position we found ourselves in prior to the restart.

Palace are in the middle of a very poor run . So much so that the bookies had Villa favourites for this one.(2.4 vs 3.4).

Rooting for them is not something I can do in the circumstances.
Sure if Villa were 3 points behind us, it may have swayed me. But I'll back Brighton first and if needs be Arsenal/Everton and West Ham to do the job. If that's ok with you.

No flitting here. You do as you wish but expect to be asked about it if you advertise your views on a football message board.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The 4 teams we have to 'worry' about, play each other at least a couple of times. We'll be fine and the biggest factor isn't what they do, but us getting some sort of result from a couple of our remaining games.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
If you think about it, a lot of it is to do with the way the fixtures are.

If Villa were playing Everton yesterday, I don’t think there’d be any doubt that we’d all want a Toffees win and if they did, we’d all be wanting Villa to then beat Palace.

But because Villa happened to play Palace first, people have gone all loopy! :smile:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here