Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Come on then geniuses what's The TinkerMan supposed to do?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Spend every second of every training session, shooting practice, till they know where the net is and have built confidence

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In my mind I’m visualising the 3 centre backs in a 5-3-2, not with them basically standing in the full back positions. They were very solid against Sheffield United and could have been a clean sheet but for Ryan choosing to not try and save the shot.

That’s fair, but easy against a team that likes to cross rather than one that moves people about.

Of course Duffy led by example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Knockaert (sulky, no better than what we've got), Locadia (wardrobe/DJ), Andone (nut job). It's not difficult to read between the lines and guess why those 3 weren't wanted around the squad.

And as for not being bothered in Jan, what does a manager do if the club can't provide a suitable striker? He has to say he's happy and back the current squad. What's he going to get from the players he's left with if he's publicly saying they're not up to it?

***Edit: Locadia scored on his MLS debut, which no doubt will send some into a complete meltdown. For a sense of perspective, Bradley Wright-Phillips is a scoring legend in MLS***

Even if I accept your contention regarding Knocky, Andone and Locadia he should have got rid of them in the summer, raised some cash and got replacements. Instead, he waited until after the window had shut and then binned them off. THAT'S where he got it wrong.

I can just about accept what he did but not when he did it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agree again.

Redmond every single time, Jota, R.Fraser, D.McNeil, turn MM inside out, outpace him over any distance.

Yet Sterling didn’t, neither did Zaha......

I think he’s the best we’ve got, but haven’t seen Lamptey and no sign of Bruno returning

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yet Sterling didn’t, neither did Zaha......

I think he’s the best we’ve got, but haven’t seen Lamptey and no sign of Bruno returning

I saw his Zaha work close up from near the NW corner - Propper and sometimes others piled in to help MM. When he was one on one with a winger, he fouled them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I saw his Zaha work close up from near the NW corner - Propper and sometimes others piled in to help MM. When he was one on one with a winger, he fouled them.

Don’t recall many fouls in that area which is in front of me, then Zaha does go down easily[emoji52]

K1ngKaz

Oct 10, 2010
Ryan

Lamptey
Duffy
Dunk
Burn
Bernardo

Stephens
Propper
Bissouma
Macillister

Maupay

Same 11 players for every game until the end. Mooy shouldn’t be anywhere near the 11.

Wasn’t Mooy MoM a few games in a row and playing well? Creating chances and playing well?!

Yes we need some stability in the team selection, but he (GP) has changed the shape and personnel based on opposition. Subs always seem to make an impact. I would like to see Connolly come on from the bench a little more, adding pace late on in games.

It’s a shame that we haven’t got someone to replace GM’s goals from last season. Maupay works hard for the team, but looking at stats, scores a goal every 7 shots. Still need a clinical striker as we are carving out the chances but not converting.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wasn’t Mooy MoM a few games in a row and playing well? Creating chances and playing well?!

Yes we need some stability in the team selection, but he (GP) has changed the shape and personnel based on opposition. Subs always seem to make an impact. I would like to see Connolly come on from the bench a little more, adding pace late on in games.

It’s a shame that we haven’t got someone to replace GM’s goals from last season. Maupay works hard for the team, but looking at stats, scores a goal every 7 shots. Still need a clinical striker as we are carving out the chances but not converting.

The last games I remember Mooy getting close to MotM were Palace away then Bournemouth at home, both in 2019. His 2020 form has been ordinary. He might be quicker than Gross, but his thinking and passing isn't. The games such as home to Bournemouth and Spurs seem to be a different player who was completing lightning quick insightful passes, or heaven-forbid shots on targets. I think his mistakes giving the ball away leading to goals have really dented his confidence. He seems more considered all the time, not instinctive, although that could be applied to half the team, and this in essence is what pressure is, instinct becomes indecision.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
PLUS, how to get the **** out of the way when you do finally head a corner for a certain goal...

For some reason, I had a specific look at our corners on Saturday.

Dunk and his fellow giants copied the England WC ‘Love Train’ tactic, plenty of masked whispering under hands and jockeying ..... then a shite delivery or a hapless giant heads over.

Other than Maupay’s once in a career block.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The last games I remember Mooy getting close to MotM were Palace away then Bournemouth at home, both in 2019. His 2020 form has been ordinary. He might be quicker than Gross, but his thinking and passing isn't. The games such as home to Bournemouth and Spurs seem to be a different player who was completing lightning quick insightful passes, or heaven-forbid shots on targets. I think his mistakes giving the ball away leading to goals have really dented his confidence. He seems more considered all the time, not instinctive, although that could be applied to half the team, and this in essence is what pressure is, instinct becomes indecision.

Too many touches.

We advance, counter quickly, then Mooy skips along a line 22 yards out, with half a dozen touches. By then, 10 men are behind the ball.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Montoya up against Jota. Game over.

giphy.gif

I thought this one was better than Seinfeld!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Definitely agree

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Back to basics. Five at the back. Duffy dunk and Webster in the middle. Burn and another. Every game.

We have to stop shipping preventable goals.

I was gutted when I heard Duffy was missing due to a family bereavement yesterday. I knew we would pay for that.

We started 5 at the back on Saturday and only improved when we switched to 4. And Duffy’s been really poor at home recently. We didn’t miss him on Saturday, we missed someone that could put the ball in the net.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here