Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Nederlands (& sort of Official Thread)!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
On the pitch, he rivals CR7 and Neymar. Off it, he's a known wànker, unlike the other 2.

I don't know about the off pitch stuff, much like Ronaldo I do think there's always an element of wanting to make them both seem like tossbags as it provokes reaction.

As for him rivalling Ronaldo and Neymar, he's been battling with Big Ron for years but Neymar is nowhere near their level just yet (clearly will be though).

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hup Holland all the way, with the prospect of a tasty 3rd/4th place play-off too.

It won't get rid of the pain, but beating Argentina will go someway towards starting the healing process for Brazil.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hup Holland all the way, with the prospect of a tasty 3rd/4th place play-off too.

It won't get rid of the pain, but beating Argentina will go someway towards starting the healing process for Brazil.

Firstly, it wouldn't go anywhere near "starting the healing process". Secondly, they won't beat Argentina because Argentina are quite GOOD. Apart from that, spot on. :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Firstly, it wouldn't go anywhere near "starting the healing process". Secondly, they won't beat Argentina because Argentina are quite GOOD. Apart from that, spot on. :thumbsup:

You don't think beating Argentina in a World Cup match is going to make them feel a bit better?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not in a 3rd placed play off, no. When England played in 1990, I couldn't even watch it, and nor could the Italian public as the ground was two thirds empty.

And we hadn't just lost 7-1 to Germany either.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
3rd/4th play-off games are a complete meaningless waste of time.

Agree on that. Don't think I even bothered watching us lose to Italy in 1990. Supporting the screaming lord sutch for the title this time round although if Argentina won it I'd be quite pleased for Messi.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Dutch to win for me. Argentina have been a one-man team like Brazil, without Messi, they would have been out ages ago.

Germany and Holland also have a MASSIVE hatred of each other, as to Brazil and Argentina - so to end the World Cup with 2 games where neither team will roll over, will be great for the fans.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Argentina. I stand to win £70 in the work sweepstake which isn't bad for £1 in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here