Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on chaps one defeat does not make a bad team

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Lets get a bit of a reality check.

One defeat does not make Noone a bad player- those who say he isnt good enough for this league have short memories of the first 15 or so games last season- including Liverpool at home

We know we need a striker- last night doesnt change that we know this

Dunk has looked suspect for a few games but we have back up last night doesnt change that we know this.

We were missing key players last night in key areas

We havent suddently become a poor team. This that are saying we are are probably the ones proclaiming us world beaters after the Chelsea game.

Even if we lose out first league game- remember its a marathon not a sprint.

Lets just chill a bit- it was the mickey mouse cup against a team that will do very well this season.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
One defeat does not make Noone a bad player- those who say he isnt good enough for this league have short memories of the first 15 or so games last season- including Liverpool at home

That Liverpool game was during a time when Noone was on a roll. Then he got injured and he hasn't got anywhere near to the same form. That bid in Jan 2012 from Cardiff, we should have bitten their hand off.

Just shows how confidence is so important as we well know from CMS.

D

Deleted member 22389

Dunk has looked suspect for a few games but we have back up last night doesnt change that we know this.

We havent suddently become a poor team. This that are saying we are are probably the ones proclaiming us world beaters after the Chelsea game.

Lets just chill a bit- it was the mickey mouse cup against a team that will do very well this season.

One less thing we need to worry about in my opinion. Thing is if Swindon where in the Championship, they would get well and truly stuffed every single week. Watching last night, even thou we lost our players looked different class.

Honestly I don't think the result bothered the players last night. They have not automatically become shit overnight and I still feel we have a team worthy of a top six finish once everyone is fit. All we need is CMS and Hoskins fit along with Barnes and I think we have enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Clearly you are right about one result. HOWEVER, it is not just one result is it? We are continuing the poor away form from LAST SEASON, when we were unable to win away since February. We had injuries, but we will have them and bans all season. Would others have been selected anyway? It is not as though Gus played a bunch of kids is it?

Were you convinced with our defense? I wasn't. If Gus must play two wing-backs with so much attacking bias, he needs better quality Center Halfs, and preferable play three of them.

We also need some more aggression (not petulance) from some players with balls.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
One less thing we need to worry about in my opinion. Thing is if Swindon where in the Championship, they would get well and truly stuffed every single week. Watching last night, even thou we lost our players looked different class, because that would you need in the Championship.

I echo that. In the first half we really did look a class above...I was purring watching them. Then a cuppla scruffy goals and bob's your uncle...we're out of a cup we didn't want to be in.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Exactly my thoughts.. We had CMS, Buckley, crofts, Lua Lua and El Abd all not starting. I think this is a blessing in disguise and will help the team out towards the end of the season.

I think Gus was secretly hoping we was knocked out (albeit not by that score) and he look so relaxed and happy standing next to Paolo Di Canio during the interview after the game.

So all this doom and gloom is just pathetic. Have some faith in our squad and of course our manager.

P.S How long until Palarse start giving it the biggun on this board after their long spell away dealing with their own doom and gloom.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
That Liverpool game was during a time when Noone was on a roll. Then he got injured and he hasn't got anywhere near to the same form. That bid in Jan 2012 from Cardiff, we should have bitten their hand off.

Just shows how confidence is so important as we well know from CMS.

I have to say I'm inclined to agree with this.

D

Deleted member 22389

I echo that. In the first half we really did look a class above...I was purring watching them. Then a cuppla scruffy goals and bob's your uncle...we're out of a cup we didn't want to be in.

And that's it a couple of scrappy goals and working their socks off, because that is the sort of thing we would have done to a Championship team, when we where in Swindon's position a few years back.

And this is sort of result that happens to teams with quality players, look at Cardiff last night. Our game has had to change to suit the Championship and a majority of players are no longer used to the rush and puff of League 1/2 football.

D

Deleted member 22389

And that's it a couple of scrappy goals and working their socks off, because that is the sort of thing we would have done to a Championship team, when we where in Swindon's position a few years back.

And this is sort of result that happens to teams with quality players, look at Cardiff last night. Our game has had to change to suit the Championship and a majority of players are no longer used to the rush and puff of League 1/2 football.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Agreed. Everybody needs to calm down.

We're going up.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Why, because he's gone through a dodgy spell? Would it not be better to keep hold of one of our more talented players and work with him to get him 'on a roll' again?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Why, because he's gone through a dodgy spell? Would it not be better to keep hold of one of our more talented players and work with him to get him 'on a roll' again?

Surely it's all about value. If the bid was £1.5m as bandied about at the time that was a lot of money for him. I'm all for keeping our players but we have to do good business if it comes up.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was annoyed by the first goal - not the way we were opened up by the free kick but by the idea that it was such a copybook training ground move.

onestly, how many teams practise a forward swiping a foot at the ball and completely missing it, allowing some other bloke to come in behind him and have a free shot?

They got a lucky break that changed a game we had dominated up to that point. End of. And when Navs scores twice, you know it's not your night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here