Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Come on Burnley

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I'm beyond caring where we finish, as long as it's at least 17th. With what transpired yesterday it is entirely possible we gained our last points of the season against Leeds. If Fulham win tonight they will retain a shred of belief. Their match against Man U SHOULD be enough to keep us up, but we know that relying on Saints or Toon for anything is foolhardy. I'd prefer a draw tonight, but Burnley win is fine.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Burnley all the way.

It feels like the football gods have been against us this season, I’d rather we secure safety as soon as possible. Then worry about League position.

I can see Fulham winning tonight however.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There will be dancing in my local streets if we mathematically avoid relegation tonight.

Come on Burnley :albion2:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I’d take a draw but would be nice for tonight to be the night we secure our fifth straight season in the top division for the first time in our history.

Safety and hopefully an opportunity for Izzy, Alzate, Swiss Andy and a couple of others to get some more game time over the next fortnight.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Given the choice of Fulham or Burnley staying up, I would choose Fulham, so if they can manage that without getting our knickers in a twist then that would be great

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Given the choice of Fulham or Burnley staying up, I would choose Fulham, so if they can manage that without getting our knickers in a twist then that would be great

If Fulham stay up I will be hanging from my twisted knickers!!

I can’t wish for anything but a Fulham defeat tonight to ensure our safety ASAP.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Safety and hopefully an opportunity for Izzy, Alzate, Swiss Andy and a couple of others to get some more game time over the next fortnight.

The difference between finishing 17th or 13th could be around £7m or so. Not sure I'm fielding anything but my absolute strongest XI to finish as high as possible and go into next season with some kind of form under our belts. If their opportunity is because they are the strongest option - then absolutely.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Ashley Barnes to get the winner at 93 minutes...then get himself sent off is my guess.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
All these people talking about wanting a Fulham win or draw to help us finish higher up the table are bonkers. Burnley win tonight and the pressure is totally off our boys the next three games which makes getting more points and finishing higher far more likely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here