BN3 7DE

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I'd be happy with anything but a defeat today. BIG BIG game

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
As soon as I woke up this morning I was thinking to myself just how much I wanted us to win today and I thought that it's a bit greedy praying again as I did that for the palace game and we all know what happened there!

Good news is today is now not must win although it would obviously be a right bonus if we do, strange thing is I feel a lot less relaxed going now the game after yesterday's results. I wonder if other results affect the players the same way??

Ps - my 9 year old is more excited about this game than he has been for any other and he goes to all home games and about half our away games. He was awake before 6 and I asked him if he was excited and he said he couldn't sleep, I then asked if he knew Leicester lost and he said he was awake watching the replay of the game about 3 this morning as he was awake thinking about the game!! Does it make me a bad father thinking that was OK in the circumstances?!

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
So it's a 'nice to win' rather than a 'must win'

The truth of the matter is a win today will in theory give us 2 losses in the bag somewhere else. If we lose today meh, it's expected on paper, however a win will really take the pressure off. We will get nothing at Middlesborough, we never do, so win today would be very nice. Really feel we will get something this afternoon.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Ps - my 9 year old is more excited about this game than he has been for any other and he goes to all home games and about half our away games. He was awake before 6 and I asked him if he was excited and he said he couldn't sleep, I then asked if he knew Leicester lost and he said he was awake watching the replay of the game about 3 this morning as he was awake thinking about the game!! Does it make me a bad father thinking that was OK in the circumstances?!

Are you me with a different account? Pretty much exactly the same in my hiuse with my 9 year old. That was after shouting and screaming during the Birmingham match.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
6 points in the next two games and auto promotion will become a realistic dream. Having followed the Albion since 1975 I half expect us to blow it today :down:

Having said that I really hope that we go for it today and don't try and defend in depth from the off. I'd rather lose going for the win than try and get a draw from the kick off. A draw would be more than acceptable though. Tough one for Gus.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So it's a 'nice to win' rather than a 'must win'

Exactly. It would only be 'must win' if we were 100% guaranteed NOT to make the play-offs unless we won. You do get the feeling though that both teams would settle for (rather than 'be happy with') a draw. This time of the year is very much 'squeaky bum time'; teams freeze, drop points you wouldn't expect them to (Leicester yesterday being a prime example) and consequently every point's a good point. The play-off teams will be those that hold their nerve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here