Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Combined most goals scored and conceded.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
So we seem incapable of keeping a clean sheet this season, and also incapable of not scoring either (in a league game at least, let's not talk about the league cup - nobody cares), I was wondering what the most goals scored and conceded combined for a season was, and whether we might realistically make a run at it. So going back to the 96/97 season (when the EPL became 20 teams), I crunched the numbers and by my reckoning (i.e. unless I f***ed up scraping the Premier league website and copy / pasting into Excel), the record goes to Liverpool in the 2013/14 season where they combined for 151 (101 for, 50 against) goals and finished second. Next would be Man Utd in 99/00 where if you'd followed them all season you would have witnessed 142 goals (97 for, 45 against).

Last season we managed 125, putting us 5th overall that season (Spurs topped that season with 133, despite finishing 8th in the league).

So if you think "most exciting to watch" is the team that gives you the most goals either way, then the most boring team of the premier league era was Leeds in 96/97 with only 66 goals (they finished 11th that season). Man City 06/07 and Fulham 08/09 are tied for next most boring with 73 goals.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
So to beat Liverpool's record, we need 4 goals a game (for + against). So far this season, we're averaging 4.44444 (40 ÷ 9).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here