Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Collymore LOSES it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not Stans biggest fan. But I think the problem he has with the press is to do with the selective editing reporting of the press conference.

The media have edited the clip too make it look like Pep doesn't know who Stan is. when it's more of a misunderstanding between Pep and the questioner

Yup, the response was edited. Stanloi clearly just HATED the thought of people having a chuckle at his expense, hence his sweary hissy fit on Twitter last night (much of which he has since deleted), followed by his rant in the Mirror today. Sorry, not rant, he was having a right old belly laugh apparently, as he hammered out a dozen paragraphs DESPERATELY seeking to justify his existence to Pep, and everyone who laughed.

"I scored against Newcastle in 1996 you know"

The bloke is a weapons grade bellcheese.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He seems to rate himself.

By the way- the quiz question he set in the middle of that.

Who would be Nottingham Forest’s greatest 11 ?

The team that won the title or the European cup winners... twice?
The greatest 11 that he alludes to is from the results of an official Forest fan's poll, not a specific 11 that were in the same team at the same time,

Edit. Beat me to it ^^

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Stan mentions Robbie Fowler as a reference, according to Fowler's biog he could not stand the lazy brooding moody git.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Perhaps Stan can take him dogging to sort out their problems. Tony Warner ex Liverpool goalkeeper had a few decent stories about Stanley on the podcast that Jimmy Bullard co-hosts.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Collymore was a decent player in his day, but no more than that.

I fail to see why he'd be OFFENDED that a manager who's spent his entire career up until 2016 in Spain, the USA and Germany, might not have heard of him. Is he really that self-obsessed?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Huge amount of time for SC as a pundit, and very interesting wrt other issues. Not interested in his rant. Clearly he has been stitched up. Given his history of mental health issues, this looks like someone doing the modern day equivalent of 'baiting the retard'. And, oh how we laughed. . . .

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
:clap: Love it!

He's got a whiff of the old 'Don't you know who I am?" syndrome. :tosser:
Reminds me of the time I was working the doors on a club in Pompey.
Scott McGarvey came up worse for wear and I refused him entry.
He played the 'do you know who I am?' Card

I replied with 'yeah, you're the worst striker I've ever seen in my life'
The team mates he was with turned their backs and you could see their shoulders moving as they were laughing :smile:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Can't stand pundits who just come up with the bog standard foghorn everyman opinion for opinion's sake but who think they are really clever because "they aren't afraid to voice their opinion". Chris Sutton, Stan Collymore, Robbie Savage. None of them ever hold back from giving an opinion, but invariably there is nothing terribly insightful or coherent in their rants. You could probably put a random drunk who watched the match in the pub who could also hold an opinion and still make more sense and provide more insight than any of those 3.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
He seems to rate himself.

By the way- the quiz question he set in the middle of that.

Who would be Nottingham Forest’s greatest 11 ?

The team that won the title or the European cup winners... twice?

Can't stand pundits who just come up with the bog standard foghorn everyman opinion for opinion's sake but who think they are really clever because "they aren't afraid to voice their opinion". Chris Sutton, Stan Collymore, Robbie Savage. None of them ever hold back from giving an opinion, but invariably there is nothing terribly insightful or coherent in their rants. You could probably put a random drunk who watched the match in the pub who could also hold an opinion and still make more sense and provide more insight than any of those 3.

Thanks for that, and there was me thinking I wasn't appreciated! :thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Huge amount of time for SC as a pundit, and very interesting wrt other issues. Not interested in his rant. Clearly he has been stitched up. Given his history of mental health issues, this looks like someone doing the modern day equivalent of 'baiting the retard'. And, oh how we laughed. . . .

This. I don't mind a slice of SC, but you have to whisper it in these parts or the lynch mob will be after your hide. Let those without sin cast the...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ex-footballer turned pundit uses column to complain about fellow pundits and journalists, as opposed to ACTUALLY talking about football.

Par for the course these days, I'm afraid...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here