Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colleymore v Lescott

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always liked Stan. Very interesting call he made to the R5 Steven Nolan prog on a Sunday night a few years ago . . . .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Joleon Lescott might not be the sharpest tool in the box but hardly the reaction of Collymore is over the top. The guy has just got relegated for the first time in his career and has a microphone shoved into his face as he has come off the pitch. We all know what he was trying to say in that they need to give something back to the fans they have let down and with the pressure of fighting relegation off them now that might make them play more like the should. Collymore banging on about wealth and the players swanning off is irrelevant. He was earning a packet when he was knocking Ulrika about. The money didn't make a difference then and probably doesn't now.

If you want to have a go at someone, have a go at the owners of the club.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I posted on here the other day regards are there some Brighton players who aren't actually keen on going up if they know they
are not good enough for the Prem and will be sold.The same can be said of the players for other teams chasing promotion.

You then have the players in sides fighting relagation who know they are too good for the leagues below and so will probably
be sold and stay in that league.What kind of an effort do they make.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
See post 18 - perhaps you might check your facts before you resort to rudeness.

'A few weeks ago' is a bit different to 2 months ago. Like someone said Forest were on a big run at that point , so a bit different than if he had said it at Easter like you said, which is why I called BS.. As that would have been mental

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I posted on here the other day regards are there some Brighton players who aren't actually keen on going up if they know they
are not good enough for the Prem and will be sold.The same can be said of the players for other teams chasing promotion.

You then have the players in sides fighting relagation who know they are too good for the leagues below and so will probably

Same old storys get trotted out every year. If you have a promotion on your CV then that adds to your value, both in transfer fee and potential earnings. Yes there will be players that get sold but I suspect they all think they will be good enough to give the PL a shot.

smithmustscore

Dec 10, 2015
Lescott's post-match comments showed just how pig-shit thick he must be. Effectively blaming their poor performances on the fact that they knew they were going down and were just waiting for it to happen, but now it has happened they are 'going to put in some good performances because it's lifted the pressure' :ffsparr:

Not particularly a fan of Collymore but it's good to see Lescott being publicly called out on his attitude, performances and general stupidity off the pitch. The guy is a clown on and off the pitch.

Whilst I agree that Lescott deserves a lot of bad press this season, I just think it's a bit rich coming from Collymore. It's fair to say that Collymore was a huge box office signing for Villa, but he also let them down with his attitude, general performances and stupidity off the pitch. Collymore was always in the press for domestic violence, dogging, incidents in night clubs etc. I know Collymore claimed he was suffering from depression whilst at Villa, but all the same he wasn't exactly a Villa legend who is qualified to have a dig at the current team.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Not sure that would be the case.

Burnley paid bonuses of £8 million to players and mgt two seasons ago when they were promoted.

I would expect the Albion to at the very least match that. So it would be crazy to turn down a few hundred grand if you were a player by not giving 100%.

What's more there are other squad members who would take your place in a heartbeat if you weren't pulling your weight.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
That's not as much of an owning as what Stan himself got on the phone-in that time - "He hit that like you hit Ulrika"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's not as much of an owning as what Stan himself got on the phone-in that time - "He hit that like you hit Ulrika"

Or when he criticised Sven Goran Eriksson when he was England manager.

"Yeah well, we all know you like bashing swedes Stan"

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
both guilty of mugging off fans ....no big deal....pretty sure lescott would wipe the floor with collywobble if it ever got "real"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How utterly thick must Lescott be to think that the Villa fans will be pleased to see some improved performances now they're mathematically relegated? Good performances are the LAST thing the fans want to see now. That would prove Villa WERE capable of lifting their game after all, thus demonstrating even more they're a bunch of c*nts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here