Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Colleen Rooney SCANDAL

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder what Vardy’s motivation for selling these stories to the Sun were? For most people it’d be the £, but presumably the wedge offered for a story about Coleen’s basement flooding is fairly insignificant compared to the £100K plus that Jamie brings home every week?

Maybe she's just....a bitch ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On saying that, to me - "Wayne Rooney's basement flood anguish" doesn't exactly give me a heavy heart and bring a tear to my eye. Not really a story, is it... :shrug:
That was just a story to find out which account was leaking (no pun intended) stories. I'm sure some of the other stories over the years were more personal.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Two vacuous non-entities. The front page of the BBC had some story about a Brit YouTuber called KSI this morning and a boxing match. I know NSC is predominantly over the hill old farts, but the youth of today being consumed by social media non-entities spouting nothing so that they can get their YouTube hit rate up and make more money from product placement and sponsorship deals is, to quote Mark Renton: “Quite frankly a shite state of affairs”

I agree with the sentiment, largely because I'm an over the hill 34 year old old fart, but they're absolutely not non-entities.

Like it or lump it, Youtubers / Twitch Streamers et al are the newest form of celebrity.

And pandering to kids to sell shit isn't exactly a new phenomenon.

To be fair, I know I said I'm an old fart but truth is I do actually consume a lot of media on YouTube. Certainly watch it more than terrestrial telly because the creators I watch create content that is catered specifically to my liking. Logan Paul and KSI can get in the f**king sea though.

It's better than f**king Casualty at least.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I agree with the sentiment, largely because I'm an over the hill 34 year old old fart, but they're absolutely not non-entities.

Like it or lump it, Youtubers / Twitch Streamers et al are the newest form of celebrity.

And pandering to kids to sell shit isn't exactly a new phenomenon.

To be fair, I know I said I'm an old fart but truth is I do actually consume a lot of media on YouTube. Certainly watch it more than terrestrial telly because the creators I watch create content that is catered specifically to my liking. Logan Paul and KSI can get in the f**king sea though.

It's better than f**king Casualty at least.

Agree 100% it’s just idiots like those two or the BHA/Chelsea twot from Seaford.

Arsenal Robbie’s done very well for himself without yet having to step into a boxing ring.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I`m not so sure Mrs Vardy won`t need some money. The way her husband played last week I can see a large pay cut coming soon.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1181883251906027523[/TWEET]

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Agree 100% it’s just idiots like those two or the BHA/Chelsea twot from Seaford.

Arsenal Robbie’s done very well for himself without yet having to step into a boxing ring.

I'd argue that they're not really idiots though.

Their engineering of this 'beef' they have is incredibly canny business because between the two of them they've got ~40m subscribers.

40m people who will care about the outcome of this fight, 40m who may pay for it and make them more money. Then you think about the output it's going to generate. They'll put out follow up videos and that will drive more traffic. Their fans will talk about it on their channels and that might drive more traffic to KSI and Logan Paul. Hell, it's even got the two of us blathering about it on a Brighton & Hove Albion message board.

Firms out there pay handsomely to generate this kind of PR and they've done it from their bloody bedrooms.

Still, they can get in the sea.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Remember seeing that Vardy on sonme reality crap that the Mrs insisted on watching , came across to me as a MASSIVE C * * T.

This story seems to MASSIVELY back that up.

Hoping she will thunder back with some equally catty reply

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I love the Vardy exaggeration on the pregnancy. "Heavily pregnant?" - is she having a hippo

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How do you make money out of the amount of Twitter followers you have? (I have 50 or so - perhaps I should stop blocking so many)

Maybe not on Twitter but on Instagram (where the supposed "news" stories originated from) you can indeed make money being an "influencer" and have paid adverts.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For information for the males, heavily pregnant refers to the last 6 weeks of a 40 week gestation.

Hope that helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here