Stuff I actively collect, as opposed to accumulate almost accidentally:

Wine
Works by four specific artists
Chess sets & books
Split cane fishing rods

Stuff I accumulate/can’t resist buying:

Kitchen gadgets
Wine glasses
Fishing gear I actually use (eventually)
Hard Sci Fi novels

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stuff I actively collect, as opposed to accumulate almost accidentally:

Wine
Works by four specific artists
Chess sets & books
Split cane fishing rods

Stuff I accumulate/can’t resist buying:

Kitchen gadgets
Wine glasses
Fishing gear I actually use (eventually)
Hard Sci Fi novels

Picasso
Van Gogh
Rembrandt

And the other?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s fkn annoying. A neighbour set up the Withdean & Westdene Community Association for us all to oppose his 2am Jet Black impressions :mad:.

I'm long retired, but used to have a meshed skin practice kit when I played regularly, absolutely silent from your house.

We have done so many farewell tours, that I believe the next tour has already been named 'They only resurrected Jesus once' tour :wink:

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Very large collection of 80s computers - although I am starting to slim it down. Collecting turned to hoarding so I am selling a lot of it bit by bit to try and get a nice collection rather than boxes of stuff I don't look at. I mean, who needs 2 Acorn Electrons?

This something I got into towards the start of the pandemic thanks to a couple of YouTube channels - Nostalgia Nerd and RMCRetro (I went to visit his "Cave" museum when I was in back in the UK).

My collection is limited to a few mainstream Sega/Nintendo consoles from the 80s/90s and a couple of 90s IBM compatible PCs. I would love to pick up some 80s Micros but the ones I'd want are mainly in the UK and they're not cheap anymore. Although if you're looking to offload a couple of (suitcase friendly) computers for a fair price next time I'm in the UK, I'd be happy to take them off your hands!

If you ever find yourself in Cambridge, I recommend a couple of hours in here:

It is on some run-down industrial estate and even the taxi driver didn't know of it when we went, but it is absolutely brilliant. You can spend hours programming Commodore Pets and BBC micros, or playing Chucky Egg on Spectrums and C64s. Then you've got the ancient Nintendo / Playstation consoles and so on. Apart from anything else they've got a ton of stock in another warehouse that they simply don't have space to show and probably never will.

I'm planning to visit there when I'm over in December. I've seen a couple of videos from the Centre and it looks fascinating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here