Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BarrelofFun said:
Presumably the staff are of higher standards and you would have more attention paid to you. I was just speculating and challenging the Leon comparisan.
:D

Wasnt CKR somewhere before Bury?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Without the full story, as you say, it is just speculation even if reasonably well informed speculation.

But there one or two undeniable facts.

1) CKR is not a happy bunny, and his attitude has not been what it should be for a young player making his way in the game. He appears to have a lot of the physical attributes and talent to be a very good footballer. But you also need mental strength/character.

Then again, that failure could, of course, be down to

2) Mark McGhee has alienated/demoralised too many good players for it to be coincidence, or healthy for the club. If it was the odd occasion, you'd back him for getting rid of disruptive influences. But the list is never-ending.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tooting Gull said:

2) Mark McGhee has alienated/demoralised too many good players for it to be coincidence, or healthy for the club. If it was the odd occasion, you'd back him for getting rid of disruptive influences. But the list is never-ending.

What if ckr was part of a group of disruptive players?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
BarrelofFun said:
Presumably the staff are of higher standards and you would have more attention paid to you. I was just speculating and challenging the Leon comparisan.
:D
I think a lot of the reason Leon is the way he is is down to the fact he was at Chelsea - they handed him a failry big money contract when he was only young. But that's a whole different story...

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
If McGhee had been upset by CKR then why has he not got Naylor to print something in the Argus?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
" him hand the manager a letter on saturday after the game? "

This sums it up, CK-R gets the hump and throws his toys out because he wasn't in the starting 11, did feck all when he came on and then hand a letter to the manager when he should have been celebrating a great win with his TEAMMATES.

McGhee doesn;t need another over inflated ego with an under inflated talent at this club. Get rid.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Just Kuipers to go and then that's the last of 'Leon Knights' gang dealt with, barring Jarrett who of course is still here but won't feature.

Last edited:

1066gull

I feel sorry for the lad and I wish he would try his best, at least until the January window to earn his place back.

I would like to see him in the stripes still, but sometimes it is the best if some players move on.

:( :nono:

I hope he will watch his teamates though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1sgJeQvqIo

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
There was certainly a disruptive clique there last season, but from what has been said or hinted on, a lot of those were cleared out as they were disruptive and also as the club at the time want CKR to suceed here.

And now it seems they want rid

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
And now it seems they want rid

Now this is guessing, but if there is still a hangover from that, maybe the club want rid and do not want a Jarratt situation where a player that might have had some value now has none due to his issues. CKR still has a market value and maybe it has got to point where it is time to cash in, rather than have him rot away in the reserves and be worth nothing.

You have to remember that whatever we get for him is a profit as essentially he was a freebie.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Seems very strange the letter thing, was it directly after the game?

Did he sit in the dug out writing the letter after he was subbed or was it written already in case he had a bad game

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
Now this is guessing, but if there is still a hangover from that, maybe the club want rid and do not want a Jarratt situation where a player that might have had some value now has none due to his issues. CKR still has a market value and maybe it has got to point where it is time to cash in, rather than have him rot away in the reserves and be worth nothing.

You have to remember that whatever we get for him is a profit as essentially he was a freebie.

that is true - a swap deal would be better.
Interesting two of the clubs that have shown an interest have players Mcghee wants

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Aaron – if you have any contact with CKR and his family, tell them that actions speak louder than words.

If something so terrible has happened behind the scenes that it would excuse his comatose disinterest in the game on Satdi, then let’s hear it. That doesn’t necessarily mean sticking it on here – but someone from his camp telling the people running the club what’s going wrong.

In the event of that not happening, he cannot possibly complain about being dropped from the squad. I would rather have had Leon Knight, fresh from being fined two weeks’ wages for catching McGhee in bed with his missus and being megged by Butters in the prematch warmup, coming on on Satdi than CKR. My mates from Rotherham who were sat on the Tivoli got a much better view of his ‘efforts’, and they were laughing like the missing Chuckle Brothers at his gifting to them of a two-man advantage.

Whatever’s gone on, can he either have it out with the club or just draw a line under it and start again? He clearly does have potential and as long as he gives it 100% every time he gets on he will be loved. Simple really.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
A52 Seagull said:
Didn't we get him as a result of all sorts of things going on behind the scenes at Bury (racism, bullying etc)? Seem to remember link to a Bury message board on which his father had posted real reasons he wanted out of there.

Don't know about Bury the club but on Saturday their manager had to apologies for racist chanting from some of their fans, away at MK.

1066gull

If your reading this tonight Colin, listen to the fans as the majority of us want you to stay. If you don't like the manager anymore, sod it, most of us fans don't too.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
gazwag said:
Seems very strange the letter thing, was it directly after the game?

Did he sit in the dug out writing the letter after he was subbed or was it written already in case he had a bad game

That's a good point - I mean where does he keep his pen?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fragmented Badger said:
It does seem he has been treated like shit. As someone pointed out, surely there have just been too many fallings-out with players now for it to be a coincidence. I would also link it to our inability to sign players. Experienced players with friends and contacts in the game are fully aware of what is going on down here, and with this many players unhappy with McGhee, our guys are not exactly going to give glowing references. Personally, I don't mind McGhee too much, but it's plain to see there is something very dodgy going on.

On the other hand, maybe we did just have a group of disruptive players, but it's funny that we never had that prior to a couple of years ago???

That is not all Mcghees fault, but he did bring most of those players in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here