Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldean Lane

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I actually walked down that part to check it out and it looks perfect. That will be me sorted for night matches.

The Hikers has bouncers on the door and a burger van outside. It was only my second visit to the Hikers and it's a great pub to drink before a match. I also believe they run a mini bus to the ground.

AndyO

May 26, 2009
I actually walked down that part to check it out and it looks perfect. That will be me sorted for night matches.

The Hikers has bouncers on the door and a burger van outside. It was only my second visit to the Hikers and it's a great pub to drink before a match. I also believe they run a mini bus to the ground.

Can you walk from Coldean lane to the ground easily - how long does it take and can you avoid the dual carriageway?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
about 17 mins from hikers to walk and yes you avoid the dual carriage way

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Can you walk from Coldean lane to the ground easily - how long does it take and can you avoid the dual carriageway?
Right opposite the pub is a woodland area which i used and others. Bit like the walk from Preston Park station to Withdean. Took me a good 15 mins or so.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Right opposite the pub is a woodland area which i used and others. Bit like the walk from Preston Park station to Withdean. Took me a good 15 mins or so.

Surely thats more complex and longer than just turning right out of the pub and walking along the pavement?

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Are they letting away fans in this season,could be interesting.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Are they letting away fans in this season,could be interesting.
No they are not. Mind you there were Donny fans in there because they turned up before the bouncers arrived. Anyway they were in full fancy dress and caused no bother.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Surely thats more complex and longer than just turning right out of the pub and walking along the pavement?

I went with a friend who knows Brighton much better than i do and he said it's quicker. Wasn't complex at all once you have done the walk once.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Just a bit of a warning for anyone planning on using Coldean Lane to park, the woman who owns 46 Coldean Lane is not a big fan of people parking across her driveway and has been known to damage cars parked there in the past.

She is the mother of a rather notorious ex-resident of Brighton, who is now spending time at Her Majesty's pleasure.

I know people should be able to park where they like etc...... but it really isn't worth the hassle. She had a big rant on Saturday, and I would assume who ever had the mis-fortune to park there probably copped an earful on their return.

Also, if parking on Forest Road, please stay to the left as it is a struggle for the buses to get down the hill if cars on both sides.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The woodland walk opposite the Hikers if definitely quicker than walking alongside the main road, it will save a few minutes!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Just a bit of a warning for anyone planning on using Coldean Lane to park, the woman who owns 46 Coldean Lane is not a big fan of people parking across her driveway and has been known to damage cars parked there in the past.

She is the mother of a rather notorious ex-resident of Brighton, who is now spending time at Her Majesty's pleasure.

I know people should be able to park where they like etc...... but it really isn't worth the hassle. She had a big rant on Saturday, and I would assume who ever had the mis-fortune to park there probably copped an earful on their return.

Also, if parking on Forest Road, please stay to the left as it is a struggle for the buses to get down the hill if cars on both sides.

I appreciate your comments are well meant, but would anyone be happy with inconsiderate twats parking across their driveway (presuming by that you mean blocking her getting in/out of her drive)? I know I wouldnt and an earful is the least they should expect!!

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
The woodland walk opposite the Hikers if definitely quicker than walking alongside the main road, it will save a few minutes!

Done this a couple of times now but will be interesting on Tuesday after the game in the dark!
Plenty to trip over and plenty of trees and shadows for the feint-hearted.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I appreciate your comments are well meant, but would anyone be happy with inconsiderate twats parking across their driveway (presuming by that you mean blocking her getting in/out of her drive)? I know I wouldnt and an earful is the least they should expect!!

Not across her driveway, but on the road opposite her driveway. Not sure if you know the sliproad on Coldean Lane, but the houses are on the left and everyone parks on the right-hand side of the road.

More than enough room for people to get in and out of their drives.

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011
I went in the Hikers before the game with my son after waking down Makay Avenue through the wood to the A27 Bridge then down Coldean Lane.
The Pub was very good had a few pints of carling and srongbow whilst the son had a burger from the van and some chips from the bar which was also serving lots of bar meals like scampi ,curry ,pies ect all in all a good experence saw lot's of old Brighton Face's then caught the Pub Minibus for £1 to the UNI Tunnel to the railway station at 2PM
By the way the Donnie fans turned up after the bouncers who didn't seem that clued up as one of them asked me what time the match started!
I had a good look around the ground after while the son had a look in the club shop then we stepped straight on to a half full S route bus and got off at carden Avenue then cut across Ool Boat Corner were Fawcett used to be back into Patcham allin all a good day.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Ha ha, I know who you mean, I used to deliver her newspaper. TERRIFIED.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
Not really knowing the area is there a bus back from Falmer that stops near the bottom of Coldean Lane and or will the Hikers mini-bus be picking up? I am thinking that it's fine walking on a nice day but not so keen in the wind and rain!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Not really knowing the area is there a bus back from Falmer that stops near the bottom of Coldean Lane and or will the Hikers mini-bus be picking up? I am thinking that it's fine walking on a nice day but not so keen in the wind and rain!

You can get normal buses from the Uni/Station, 23, 25, 28 or 29... They all stop at bottom of The Lane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here