Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cold

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hands in the air! I'd only just recovered from covid just before Thursday's game and got completely soaked walking back to the coach park, partly dried off on the journey home, only to get re-soaked walking back home.

I've got the sniffles this morning, the c word had better not be back!
I called the referee the c word after he failed to give that obvious first pen on Thursday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nothing to do with the weather- its an urban myth

Can you catch a cold from being cold and wet?

Wet hair in a cold environment can make you feel cold and uncomfortable. But it will not give you a cold. Viruses transmitted through bodily fluids cause colds, influenza and COVID-19. You need to come into contact with the fluids to be infected by the viruses.
Being cold and wet, especially for a long period of time, does lower your immunity, so therefore you are more likely to succumb to the virus when someone near you is breathing it out.

Close proximity to people in the stands, trains, coaches and buses will affect your chances of catching a virus.
It was noted, at work, people who drove in, were less likely to be ill with a virus, than those who used public transport.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t think you can get colds from rain can you? It’s a virus. Rain can’t transmit viruses.

I might be wrong though. I’ll Google it.

Can you get colds from weather conditions?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s a yes and no answer.

I don’t think waiting a while in the rain would lower the immune system enough to make one ill but I suppose if one was a little feeble to begin with it could have an impact?

“It’s a common misconception that getting wet in the rain can make you catch a cold. The rain itself can't actually make you sick. However, staying wet and cold for prolonged periods may lower your body temperature enough to affect your immune system—putting you at an increased risk of catching a cold or flu virus”

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Nothing to do with the weather- its an urban myth

Can you catch a cold from being cold and wet?

Wet hair in a cold environment can make you feel cold and uncomfortable. But it will not give you a cold. Viruses transmitted through bodily fluids cause colds, influenza and COVID-19. You need to come into contact with the fluids to be infected by the viruses.
Or on the other hand....

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I have a cold or some kind of bug after the guy next to me on one side was coughing his lungs up and the guy on the other side was basically vaping in my face. What is wrong with people

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Have been sneezing quite a bit today and a bit of a runny nose 😷

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Hands up if anyone’s got one after standing in the rain afterwards on Thursday?

You’ve mingled with 30 thousand people and there is a new Covid variant knocking about aswell as people with coughs and colds - my guess is you’ve picked something up 🤧

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hope you are returning home soon, the weather in the Ionian islands turns decidely iffy come the end of September, lots of rain and quite chilly.
At Corfu airport now waiting to come home

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s a yes and no answer.

I don’t think waiting a while in the rain would lower the immune system enough to make one ill but I suppose if one was a little feeble to begin with it could have an impact?

“It’s a common misconception that getting wet in the rain can make you catch a cold. The rain itself can't actually make you sick. However, staying wet and cold for prolonged periods may lower your body temperature enough to affect your immune system—putting you at an increased risk of catching a cold or flu virus”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/ar...rPpL5l/can-you-catch-a-cold-from-getting-cold

Being cold does make people susceptible to catching the common cold.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bad one but may only be women flu. Hopefully ok for tomo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here