Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cold

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hands up if anyone’s got one after standing in the rain afterwards on Thursday?
Hands in the air! I'd only just recovered from covid just before Thursday's game and got completely soaked walking back to the coach park, partly dried off on the journey home, only to get re-soaked walking back home.

I've got the sniffles this morning, the c word had better not be back!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Thought it was a cold. Just took a Covid test and it's positive.

(Probably from the plane I was on the day before but you never know.)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A bit sniffly when I got up this morning, but that might have just been the aftermath of last night’s cocktails.
ParkRun seems to have seen it off now, though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Fair bit of covid knocking around. Would not be surprised if a few inadvertently passed it around on Thursday evening.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Nothing to do with the weather- its an urban myth

Can you catch a cold from being cold and wet?

Wet hair in a cold environment can make you feel cold and uncomfortable. But it will not give you a cold. Viruses transmitted through bodily fluids cause colds, influenza and COVID-19. You need to come into contact with the fluids to be infected by the viruses.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I'm so tough it didn't bother me one bit.

That and waiting in the concourse for a bit until it stopped.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Wet hair in a cold environment can make you feel cold and uncomfortable. But it will not give you a cold. Viruses transmitted through bodily fluids cause colds, influenza and COVID-19. You need to come into contact with the fluids to be infected by the viruses.
Thank you Dr. Nick.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009

It’ll be the 5,000 people rammed into the train carriage then.

el punal

Big butch me! Got drenched waiting for the train to Brighton. Sat in a car all the way back to Southampton arriving at 1.15. The only thing that was dry were me ‘nads! Decent night’s kip did the trick so I’m raring to go for Sunday! :drink:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

This.

Any correlation is more to do with inclement weather leading people to gather inside and therefore spread the virus.

Obvs, 30,000+ people under one roof doesn't help and the trains are even worse.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yeah me, had to cancel my plans this weekend. Gutted as the weather looks amazing for this time of year.
The weather is lovely here in Corfu. Great time of the year to be abroad

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
NO A cold is a transmitted infection. What you may have by standing in the rain is a chill.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

But in Jane Austen's books, they always seemed to go down with long illnesses after being out in the rain!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But in Jane Austen's books, they always seemed to go down with long illnesses after being out in the rain!
That was mostly typhoid and cholera

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hands up if anyone’s got one after standing in the rain afterwards on Thursday?
Had one coming but it’s not exactly helped. Barber OUT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here