Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cold light of day - post Potter

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
How it pans out will be most interesting to observe, from a safe distance.

I don't care for Chelsea and That now includes Hairy Porter et all.

For now I'm swotting up on my Entalian and looking at Ferraris/Maseratis/Alfas I can't afford

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I may be going out on a limb here, but genuinely, I want to beat Chelsea at a rocking Amex in October more than I want us to beat Palace this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think Potter has been told to up his game in terms of profile, PR and media relations. He showed some cracks after the Leeds game (booing/history) and the press lapped it up cos it was little old Brighton with ungrateful supporters. It’ll be a different story at Chelsea when every word and movement is scrutinised and twisted to suit their story.

It's far more likely that Sky Sports News are just much more interested in him now he's managing Chelsea. Do bears, etc, etc......?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's far more likely that Sky Sports News are just much more interested in him now he's managing Chelsea. Do bears, etc, etc......?

Well, or their readers most likely - big club, lots of fans, lots of clicks. Even more so since he is English.

Sounds like I'm missing out - haven't read or seen a word about him in the press since he moved, other than the video of him taking a first look at Colburn or whatever their training facility is called.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That rivalry with Palace must be pretty plastic in that case.

On this subject, TBH, the view from Sweden is irrelevant!

Well, or their readers most likely - big club, lots of fans, lots of clicks. Even more so since he is English.
Sounds like I'm missing out - haven't read or seen a word about him in the press since he moved, other than the video of him taking a first look at Colburn or whatever their training facility is called.

Once again, the view frm Sweden is a little out of kilter - nobidy reads SSN - it is a TV channell! :lolol:
(You'd rather enjoy the three part thing they're doing on Potter though - it is rather good).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well, I haven't heard of many rivalries where people say "I would rather beat this nondescript top team than our rivals".

When push comes to shove, he does not mean it.

It would be rather nice to beat Chelsea at the end of October, however I have my eyes further afield and would rather we beat them in their back yard towards the end of the season when it matters, hopefully putting an end to a champions league spot or something, now that would be nice.

Nothing tops the feeling of beating Palace.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Sky Sports News, are running a 3-part documentary, on 'Graham Potter - the making of a manager'. Each part is 15 minutes long, featuring footage and talking heads from former team-mates, etc. Part 1 was focused on his playing career, part 2 is titled 'The Coach', and part 3 'The manager'.

I saw the first part on Tuesday, but missed the second bit last night. I find it quite amusing (though not remotely surprising) that they only NOW feel Potter has arrived as a 'manager', in need of all this focus.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
With all due respect Swansman, you will never, ever truly understand how a Brighton supporter feels about Crystal Palace.

If it helps, I couldn't give a shite about Crystal Palace. Just another club to me :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With all the big six bollocks and their billions I have to confess my hate for Palace has waned. yes, of course I want us to beat them but not much more than Newcastle, City, Chelsea these days :shrug:

We are like dysfunctional family with Palace now rather than the Pikies I've considered them until recently :lolol:

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
With all the big six bollocks and their billions I have to confess my hate for Palace has waned. yes, of course I want us to beat them but not much more than Newcastle, City, Chelsea these days :shrug:

We are like dysfunctional family with Palace now rather than the Pikies I've considered them until recently :lolol:

This. Would definitely take beating Chelsea / City / Liverpool over Palace this season!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This. Would definitely take beating Chelsea / City / Liverpool over Palace this season!

So would you happily sit there while their fans celebrate beating us at the Amex, rubbing our noses in it.
safe in the knowledge we will beat one of those ??

Come on man, get off your cloud and come back to earth....

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
This.

With knobs on.

And Bells.

And anything else I could bloody hang on it.

Yes beating Citeh, Utd, Chelsea etc.. is brilliant and I'm well up for it. But losing to the Pikies up the road, just makes me feel ill.

It's like your girl dumping you. If its for the rich, buff charming bloke you can live with it. But if it's for the geek with bottle bottom glasses, acne and a bad case of halitosis, your self esteem gets a hit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here