Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Cold callers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't answer if I don't recognise the number. If it's important they'll leave a message.

There are phones you can input all your contacts telephone numbers and the call will come through, all others are screened and have to announce who they are before you answer

Jul 7, 2003
Another fun idea is to very politely and with a deadly serious tone explain to them that you suffer from tourettes and wish to apologise in advance. You then have a nice little chat with the expletives of your choice added when you fancy it. :)

Haven't tried that and sounds like great fun:thumbsup:

Get phone with caller display, load friends and family so their name appears when they call, ignore any numbers you don't recognise because if they have a genuine need to speak with you they will leave a message. Works for me.

...Pretty much what Trevor has said above.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I am getting more and more cold callers on the phone, as probably most people are, the majority of which I cannot understand How can you stop them?

You just keep saying until they hang up:

You do not have my consent to hold any personal information about me. Delete everything you have immediately or I will report you to the Information Commissioner's Office.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I tell them that if they want to take my time that's fine but I charge £40 per hour or part of an hour for consultancy and I need a billing address before we go any further. Strangely enough, nobody has yet agreed to pay.
£40 an hour sounds quite cheap to me.

You are obviously not a plumber.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are phones you can input all your contacts telephone numbers and the call will come through, all others are screened and have to announce who they are before you answer

I think our landline does something similar as the hospital tried to ring, but our landline doesn't accept withheld numbers.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I am getting more and more cold callers on the phone, as probably most people are, the majority of which I cannot understand How can you stop them?

Get rid of you landline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
If it's a female caller just start talking dirty to her and she'll soon hang up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here