Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Colchester United v Brighton and Hove Albion OFFICIAL Match Thread***

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Beat the teams below you, draw the teams above you....the secret to mid-table mediocrity.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Ady Hoofroyds hoof army. I have never seen a team aimlessly hoof a ball so much. And I've seen Elphick and Virgo play. How the hell they are pushing for promotion is beyond me

It seems that the game looked much better on tv than being at the game itself which is ruddy annoying :angry:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Match Of The Midweek: Colchester United 0-0 Brighton Hove Albion | Twohundredpercent

The game reminded me of Fulham 0 Spurs 0 except we had the "diving" Murray instead of Bobby Z. The two wingers system does not work for me. We made a good fist of making ot work, but the system is flawed.

At the end Colchester were ragged in defence. They had to play out of their skins just to to keep a clean sheet. Credit to Colchester and I really hope they deprive Leeds of a Championship place, but I think they would plummet down like a stone.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Half way through the first half, I tried to remember a memorable mach against Colchester and I couldn't!

Goalwire

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
How are they 4th, absolutely awful, glad I don't have to watch them too often. Just wish we could have nicked it at the end and Colhumpfest(er) Utd would have got what they deserved.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Having seen Colchester twice this season (tonight and at Brentford) I'm amazed that anyone pays to watch that shite on a regular basis.

:thumbsup:

They were appalling to watch - first instinct was always to look long. Cynical & niggly.

I'm just relieved that Boothroyd never became Brighton manager. Last night reminded me that I don't want relative success at any costs.

And what's Gillespie doing there? His talents are wasted playing for that hoofball outfit.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Attendance: 3914 (419 Albion).

POOR

Fair play to the 419 Albion fans, Made a fair bit of noise. Made me laugh when a load of people at the back were chanting at the fit stewards. :love::love:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Attendance: 3914 (419 Albion).

POOR

There was more from the Albion. I recognised at least one known face in the home sides of the pitch on the TV.

Half way through the first half, I tried to remember a memorable mach against Colchester and I couldn't!

Goalwire

a 4-1 win at layer Road in 2002 was memorable enough

even more so as we did it woithout BZ, leading to a long chant of "4-1 to the one man team":love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here