Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coins thrown at us during the game

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Hit by a coin during the sixties. That was something. Six times and you could buy a bag of chips.

Yep hit by one in late seventies in east side from Spurs, thought it was fifty pence but on closer inspection only two pence had the sides filed up to look like one though 😳

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Did anyone get hit by a half crown now any coin could hurt but that would lay you out.
Just remember that they really are a bunch of scumbags.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Well to be fair making paper aeroplanes out of £50 notes and sending them fluttering into the home end was a bit daft and was bound to spark a northern type retort .

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Never got hit by a coin, at the end I felt it was half applauding and half winding us up. Personally don't give a Donald about either, and I feel the same apathy about applauding the aways at The Amex...:shrug:.

We were right next to the natives, and there was a little issue with the Adam Johnson song but nothing to write home about.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Well to be fair making paper aeroplanes out of £50 notes and sending them fluttering into the home end was a bit daft and was bound to spark a northern type retort .

Doubt they know what a£50 note is and if you threw it without bending the pointy front bit over you could take someones eye out ... and your bound to get arrestest by a steward for littering or something daft... throw a fiver and they may go into a feenzy to find it could be well funny

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Could we photo copy a load of pretend fivers, and throw them off the upper level down onto the Wednesday fans,on Friday night?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Standing right next to the Boro fans on left side. Chap right behind me was hit on face, man and his small son remonstrating with stewards as coin narrowly missed. Surprised its not been mentioned already.

Constant goading and offering out during the game and very few people applauding us post match.

That's it, end of, mini rant over, ONWARDS & UPWARDS

Now I see why Northerners call us Southerners soft.. :facepalm:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You've taken it the wrong way Alf. Personally I couldn't give a **** if we're applauded or not, my comment was aimed at some who said Boro fans were applauding the away support, they weren't imo
Hmmmm, itchy chin !

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i felt like the atmosphere was very edgy before the game but apart from the twats, and there were literally 10-15 odd goading us a fair few turned to clap us. We've all seen games where far more have moved towards the away end to confront (or pretend to be held back by invisible stewards), I didn't think Boro were too bad at all.

what a tip though!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yep hit by one in late seventies in east side from Spurs, thought it was fifty pence but on closer inspection only two pence had the sides filed up to look like one though ��
Easy mistake to make ........apart from them being a totally different colour.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Can any experts on here tell me what the police strategy was at the end of the game? What was the thinking that led them to put on their impassive hard dude expressions and stare at the Albion fans whilst completely smashed northern monkeys staggered around behind them being generally unpleasant? Did they think we were going to invade?

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
i felt like the atmosphere was very edgy before the game but apart from the twats, and there were literally 10-15 odd goading us a fair few turned to clap us. We've all seen games where far more have moved towards the away end to confront (or pretend to be held back by invisible stewards), I didn't think Boro were too bad at all.

what a tip though!

Agree with this. A lot of the comments on this Board are giving the impression it was some sort of war zone. It really wasn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here